CHI St. Alexius Health
ABOUT OUR HOSPITAL:
CHI St. Alexius Health non profit, 308 bed, Level II Trauma Center offering all medical and surgical specialties 24/7. Located in Bismarck, North Dakota, CHI St. Alexius Health continues to be recognized for the high quality and safety of its patient care. Honored as one of "America's 50 Best Hospitals" by Becker's Hospital Review, CHI St. Alexius Health is consistently leading the way in the Healthcare Industry as the first hospital built in North Dakota, founded in 1885.
What began as the first hospital in the Dakota Territory, CHI St. Alexius Health has flourished along with the region's population and economy to become a complete medical center serving central and western North Dakota, northern South Dakota, and eastern Montana. Besides our main facility in Bismarck, CHI St. Alexius Health works in cooperation with other hospitals and clinics throughout the region to support local efforts and provide specialized care when and if needed.
While many things have changed since the founding of CHI St. Alexius Health in 1885, one thing remains constant....our mission: Let all be received as Christ.
ABOUT OUR CITY:
Bismarck is the capital city in the state of North Dakota and is located along the majestic Missouri River. Bismarck has a surrounding population of 100,000, however the service area for St. Alexius is over 355,000. Bismarck is located in the safest state in the nation where citizens enjoy a less stressful lifestyle with great parks and zoo, exciting waterparks, beautiful and affordable housing, and an educational system rated as one of the top in the nation.
Other points of interest are:
- Our public schools graduate 98% of their students, and of those 86% continue on to higher education.
- Children consistently score #1 in the nation on their ACT Scores.
- Bismarck is located on the Missouri River which offers fantastic fishing, boating, and all water sports.
- Over 52 miles of paved recreational trails that flow along the Missouri River and provide a safe place to hike, bike, or walk.
- North Dakota has the cleanest air in the nation.
- North Dakota enjoys 4 seasons in a state that has the highest number of sunny days per year. (ND Tourism Report)
- The FBI has rated North Dakota as the safest state in the Nation for the past several years.
- North Dakota is listed as one of the least stressful, fastest growing, best economy, and best place for young people to work.