Cardon Children's Medical Center provides comprehensive pediatric care from general to emergency, as well as services for specific childhood diseases. Highly trained physician specialists, social services staff and numerous integrative therapy programs ensure a complete range of care for children. We have a child-friendly atmosphere accented by soothing colors and dedicated play areas, as well as a volunteer dog therapy program that helps cheer up young patients during their stays.
Cardon Children's Medical Center features 248 beds, specially trained nurses and doctors and family-centered care as well as an expanded Neonatal Intensive Care Unit – from 65 beds to 86 beds.
- Six pediatric operating rooms featuring 25 private, child-friendly pre- and post-op areas.
- An expanded Pediatric Emergency Department, increasing from 15 to 26 beds.
- Outpatient Treatment Center includes 16 beds that can serve as overflow for Emergency Department during peak evening hours.
- Dedicated Pediatric Radiology Department.
- Dedicated Pediatric Rehabilitation unit.
- Dedicated pediatric cancer and blood disorder unit.
- Dedicated Pediatric Intensive Care Unit, with shelled space for future PICU expansion.
Cardon Children's Medical Center is located in Mesa , AZ. is located just 15 miles from Phoenix and is home to more than 430,000 people. The city has numerous historic areas including the Temple District. This area of town surrounds the Later Day Saints(LDS or Mormon) Temple, which was built in 1927. The temple and its visitor's center attract more than two million visitors each year.
Other area attractions include the many museums and art galleries, year-round golfing, and historic Hohokam Indian sites. Spend an evening with the Mesa Symphony Orchestra or attending a play performed by the Southwest Shakespeare Company. If you like baseball, Mesa is the spring training home of the Chicago Cubs.
Nearby areas offer mega shopping malls, numerous factory outlets, wonderful restaurants of every sort, dozens of top-rated golf courses, Indian gaming centers, medical services, and many more attractions including Biosphere II, Boyce Thompson Arboretum, the Arizona Science Center, Kartchner Caverns, Saguaro and Canyon Lakes and of course, the beautiful Grand Canyon.