Carl T Hayden VAMC
The Phoenix VA Health Care System (PVAHCS) is located in Phoenix, Arizona.
This tertiary care facility is a teaching hospital, providing a full range of patient care services, with state-of-the-art technology as well as education and research. Comprehensive health care is provided through primary care, tertiary care, and long-term care in areas of medicine, surgery, psychiatry, physical medicine and rehabilitation, neurology, oncology, dentistry, geriatrics, and extended care. The Emergency Department is open 365 days per year, 24 hours per day. The facility has 177 hospital beds: (79 Internal Medicine, 26 Surgery, 24 ICU, and 48 Psychiatry), 104 Nursing Home Care Beds and 20 Substance Abuse Residential Rehabilitation Treatment Program Beds.
The PVAHCS also operates Community Based Outpatient Clinics located in the following areas:
- Southeast Maricopa County Mesa (VA-staffed) – 36 miles from the facility
- Southwest Maricopa County Buckeye (Contract) – 34 miles from the facility
- Northwest Maricopa County (VA-staffed) – 15 miles from the facility
- Payson (Contract) – 91 miles from the facility
- Show Low (VA-staffed) – 182 miles from the facility
- Globe (VA-staffed)- 91 miles from the facility
- Thunderbird Clinic (VA-staffed) 15 miles from the facility