Cayuga Medical Center
Ithaca, NY has been recognized
- 20 Best Towns in America - Outside Magazine 2008 (ranked #6)
- America's Smartest Cities - Forbes Magazine 2008(ranked #3)
- Best Green Cities to live in- Sternling's Ranking 2018(ranked #1)
- Large tri-athlete community
- Green / sustainable community
- Access to Cayuga Lake, gorges and waterfalls
- Average commute less than 15 minutes
- One the best small cities in the U.S.with cultural qualities of a larger metropolitan city.
- Picturesque setting for: running, hiking, boating, swimming, fishing, sailing, skiing and camping
- Growing economy with stable real estate values
Ithaca is well known for its world class cuisine, having more restaurants per capita than New York City. It is also noted for cultural diversity and scenic landscapes. Ithaca sits at the southern tip of the largest Finger Lake, Cayuga Lake, and is surrounded by 150+ waterfalls and gorges. Home to Cornell University and Ithaca College, the area is often ranked high in many magazines as one of the best places to live in the US.