Chesapeake Correctional Center
Our Psychiatrist provides a full range of psychiatric services to patients. Provides clinical consultation regarding identified cases to mental health and health care staff.
Education for Psychiatrist:
- Graduation from an accredited medical school with specialty training in psychiatry
Experience for Psychiatrist:
- Training and experience providing psychiatric services to an adult population
Licenses/Certifications for Psychiatrist:
- Physician who is licensed to practice medicine in the State, board-certified or board-eligible in psychiatry
- Current CPR Certification
- Responsible to provide psychiatric services as required and within the standards of professional psychiatric and medical care.
- Responsible to abide by the security regulations of the facility, the regulations of the institution(s) to which psychiatric services are provided, and the policies and procedures of The Company.
- Responsible to provide documentation of psychiatric services to permit monitoring of compliance with policies and procedures of The Company.
- Evaluation and treatment in a timely manner of patients referred for psychiatric services by mental health or medical staff.
- Documentation of all psychiatric evaluations and/or treatment in patient's health record utilizing approved psychiatric templates/forms.
- Documentation of patient's consent to treatment on the appropriate form to be placed in the health record when psychotropic medication is prescribed.
- Coordination of medical consultations and lab work needed with the Health Services Administrator and Site Medical Director as needed.
- Monitoring of patients prescribed psychotropic medications to assess treatment effectiveness and medication side effects by psychiatric interview at least every 90 days.
- Provide supervision and oversight to psychiatric nurse, if such a position is utilized at Psychiatrist's assigned facility.
- Ensure support services and monitoring of patients as needed by submitting a referral to mental health staff.
- Performed all other required duties.