Children's Hospital of Georgia
Putting Family First
- The Children’s Hospital of Georgia understands that creating efficient and effective care means not only taking care of a child, but a family.
- Our mission is to provide breakthrough, family-centered care to our patients.
- We provide a dynamic mix of caring, compassionate staff to help us accomplish this goal.
- The Children's Hospital of Georgia provides quality care for children and adolescents with regular checkups, immunizations and information to help keep them healthy.
- Doctors and medical students take information to Georgia classrooms in person or via the state’s distance learning network.
Providing breakthrough treatment
- Our children’s hospital serves as the regional Pediatric Trauma Center with the capabilities to care for critically sick and injured children.
- The Pediatric Transport Team provides optimal care in transit to children traveling from other hospitals.
- Our Neonatal Intensive Care Unit offers breakthrough care and constant attention to premature and severely ill newborns.
- The Children’s Heart Program works jointly with perinatologists at Medical Center at Augusta University to diagnose and correct heart defects in children, often times before they are even born.
Our pediatric hematology-oncology team helps cares for children battling cancer and blood diseases.
Creating a safe haven for children
- Opened in 1998, the Children’s Hospital of Georgia is a 149-bed 220,000-square-foot facility.
- Our hospital is designed just for children and combines a theme of nature and technology to create a safe haven for children and their families.
- Playrooms for children provide toys and games.
- Family Resource Library provides parents and siblings the latest information on diseases and treatments.