College Station Medical Center
Located in a regional education, business and healthcare hub for more than 250,000 in east central Texas, College Station Medical Center is an award-winning 167 bed acute care facility with advanced services and facilities:
- Official Healthcare Provider for Texas A&M University
- Recipient of the 2007 Texas Healthcare Quality Improvement Award
- Level III Trauma Center ; Open Heart Program; the region's first DaVinci robotic surgery system
- Recently renovated/expanded Women’s Pavilion and regional NICU
- Modern, technologically advanced facility; $32 million expansion in 2005; $23 million expansion/renovation in 2011 to the ED, OR and additional of women's floors
- Centerpiece of a developing “Medical Corridor” in College Station
Located in the heart of the Brazos Valley region, College Station and adjoining Bryan, TX have a great deal to offer:
- Home of Texas A&M University, one of the nation's largest and highest ranked 4-year universities
- Under two hours to Houston and Bush Intercontinental Airport and just two hours to Austin, the “Live Music Capital of America”
- The George Bush Presidential Library and Museum attracts almost 700,000 visitors per year.
- Nationally ranked collegiate sports teams; abundant university level cultural and entertainment offerings, strong community arts and recreation opportunities
- The city consistently maintains one of the lowest crime rates in the state
- One of the “Top Ten” school districts in Texas; nationally ranked as a “Blue Ribbon School District”
- Newsweek rated A&M Consolidated High School as one of America’s Top Ten high schools.
- Local public schools consistently score 17% - 20% above the state average on standardized tests.
- The city includes the 7th most highly educated zip code in the nation.