Community Hospital Watervliet
Community Hospital is a 54-bed, acute-care facility and incorporates state-of-the-art procedures and equipment to care for patients. An extensive offering of services and programs are available at the hospital. Health maintenance is also a role of the hospital with numerous community education classes offered on a regular basis. This commitment to the community is supported by a desire to maintain a professional and caring staff. Community Hospital recently received the Governor's Award of Excellence in recognition of the hospital's commitment to quality improvement initiatives.
Watervliet is located in southwestern Michigan, near the shores of Lake Michigan. It is served by three major highways, yet still maintains a small town atmosphere. Rolling hills of farm land and the Paw Paw Lakes lend to the beauty of this area. This tight knit community offers full medical facilities, private and public education from preschool through college; and a variety of products and services to meet the needs ot the residents.
- A thriving community with a commitment to its history, economic development and an enriched lifestyle
- A diverse economic base comprising of manufacturing, agriculture, tourism and service industries
- Many attractions and activities including boating and fishing, golfing, skiing, snowmobiling, State Parks and museums
- A popular tourism destination, enhanced with unique farm markets and wineries which abound in the area
- Excellent school system, including 12 colleges within 40 miles
- Watervliet is only minutes from St. Joseph and the shores of Lake Michigan, an hour from Grand Rapids and South Bend, two hours from Chicago and three hours from Detroit.