Conemaugh Health System
Conemaugh Health System Highlights:
- More than 600 licensed acute, rehab and long-term beds in three hospitals: Conemaugh Memorial, Conemaugh Miners and Conemaugh Meyersdale Medical Centers. The flagship hospital, Conemaugh Memorial Medical Center, is the most technologically sophisticated hospital between Pittsburgh and Hershey.
- Highest level of care designations for Neonatal (Level 3) and Trauma Care (Level) 1.
- A major teaching presence, training tomorrow's professionals.
- Seven Medical Residency Programs & PharmD Residency
- School of Nursing
- Level 1 Accredited Medical Skills Simulation Laboratory
- Doctoral Psychology Internship
- Five Allied Health Programs
- Recognized by U.S. News and World Report as a Best Hospital for Central Pennsylvania, with recognition for high performance in Cardiology & Heart Surgery, Geriatrics, Gastroenterology & GI Surgery and Pulmonology.
- Designated Primary Stroke Center and recognized by the American Heart Association with the Stroke Gold Plus Quality Achievement Award.
Recently, many clinical advancements have been introduced:
- daVinci Robotic Assisted Surgery for General, Gynecological, Thoracic, Colorectal, Urology and Weight Loss surgery.
- A state-of-the-art Electrophysiology Laboratory for diagnosis and treatment of abnormal and heart rhythm conditions.
- The 4G capabilities of a 48-channel MAGNETOMAero 1.5 Tesla MRI
- The Robot Rx-3000HP Pharmacy System uses barcode scanning technology to automate the storage, picking, returning, restocking and crediting of more than 90% of our daily unit dose medications.
- Philips Hybrid OR with AlluraClarity. The room uses special green lighting to enhance vision, allowing surgeons to perform a full range of procedures all in a single room using the latest in x-ray technology.
- Conemaugh Memorial offers the only Fetal Echocardiography Lab between Pittsburgh and Harrisburg accredited by the Intersocietal Commission for the Accreditation of Echocardiography Laboratories.
- State-of-the-art low-dose Computed Tomography (CT) scanner.
- Only Epilepsy Monitoring Unit between Pittsburgh and Harrisburg.
The Johnstown region, just 70 miles east of Pittsburgh, is a safe and scenic community known for its affordable housing, good schools and short commutes. Tourism and technology-based corporations and abundant outdoor recreational facilities make the region a great place to live, work and play. Numerous outstanding public and private schools are available as well as a wide range of higher education options. Recreational, sporting and culture opportunities abound. Learn more about the community by visiting www.conemaugh.org or visitjohnstownpa.com.