Divine Savior Healthcare's long history began in 1916 when we were created by the Sisters of the Divine Savior. The community of Portage realized that there was a medical need in their community, so they worked in conjunction with the Sisters of Divine Savior to open St. Savior's Hospital. Since then our name has changed, but our mission has remained the same. Divine Savior Healthcare is proud to offer our community a continuum of care. Our organization consists of a hospital, residential facility (Tivoli) and clinics (in Portage, Pardeeville and Oxford).
Divine Savior Healthcare is unique because we place the care of the patient, mind, body and soul as our pivotal cornerstone. We offer patients a comprehensive approach to their health care needs by providing a variety of services, including emergency services, assisted living, pediatrics and rehabilitation services. Why do we do this for our community? "Because life is extraordinary."
Our Compassionate Team
Divine Savior Healthcare is a mission and faith based organization, but at the same time we are inviting to all. Even though we have almost 800 employees, everyone knows each other and when you walk down the hall, people will say hello to you. Not only do we have excellent, highly trained providers, but we also have a very caring staff. Patients who come to Divine Savior Healthcare get to take advantage of both small town care and high technology. We do this for our community “Because life is extraordinary.”
For the 3rd year in a row, Aspirus has been named by IBM Watson Health as one of the Nation’s Top 15 Health Systems, based on analysis of overall organizational performance and quality. We are a system of 10 hospitals and more than 50 clinics that spans over 25,000 square miles throughout Central Wisconsin and the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. Currently, over 500 providers are located throughout the system and have the opportunity to affect approximately 770,000 lives.
- Enjoy the great outdoors in a community surrounded by lakes, rivers, parks, campgrounds, 2 ski hills and more!
- Quick access to 3 major interstates (I-39, I-90 and I-94).
- Immerse yourself in a thriving city with a historic and retail district alive with activity.
- Take comfort in bringing your family to a family-friendly community recognized statewide for its outstanding public education system.
- Enjoy a quick, 30-minute commute to Madison and only 15 minutes to Wisconsin Dells!
- Take part in living in “the best of both worlds”…small town appeal without the sacrifice of convenience.
- Amtrak station serving Minneapolis and Chicago located in the community. Dane County Regional airport is within 35 minutes.