Denver Health & Hospital
Denver Health is a comprehensive, integrated organization providing level one care for all, regardless of ability to pay. Twenty-five percent of all Denver residents, or approximately 150,000 individuals, receive their health care at Denver Health. One in three children in Denver is cared for by Denver Health physicians as well.
As Colorado's primary safety net institution, Denver Health has provided billions of dollars in uncompensated care. Denver Health is an integrated, efficient, high-quality health care system serving as a model for other safety net institutions across the nation. Denver Health is also an affiliate hospital of the Univeristy of Colroado School of Medicine and Health Sciences (UCSOM) and each of our 400+ physicians on the DH staff hold a faculty appointment at UCOSM to teach the next generation of students, residents, and fellows.
Denver Health Mission
- Provide access to the highest quality health care, whether for prevention, or acute and chronic diseases, regardless of ability to pay;
- Provide life-saving emergency medicine and trauma services to Denver and the Rocky Mountain region;
- Fulfill public health functions as dictated by the Denver Charter and the needs of the citizens of Denver;
- Provide health education for patients;
- Participate in the education of the next generation of health care professionals; and
- Engage in research, which enhances our ability to meet the health care needs of Denver Health system patients