Dignity Health - St. Joseph's Hospital and Medical Center
St. Joseph's Hospital and Medical Center
Located conveniently in the heart of Phoenix, Arizona, St. Joseph's Hospital and Medical Center is a 450+ bed, not-for-profit hospital that provides a wide range of health, social and support services. We are extremely proud to be a nationally recognized center for quality tertiary care, medical education and research. St. Joseph's includes the internationally renowned Barrow Neurological Institute, St. Joseph's Heart & Lung Institute, the University of Arizona Cancer Center at St. Joseph's, and St. Joseph's Level I Trauma Center (which is verified by the American College of Surgeons). The hospital is also a respected center for high-risk obstetrics, neuro rehabilitation, orthopedics, and other medical services.
Like its legendary namesake rising out of the ashes, the greater Phoenix area has emerged as one of the bright metropolitan areas of the 21st century. The Phoenix area encompasses more than 20 incorporated cities, including Glendale, Scottsdale, Tempe and Mesa, and all serve as a timeless Southwestern backdrop to the spirit of Puebloans, cowboys, miners and visionaries. Recently, the Census Bureau named Arizona’s Maricopa County, which includes the greater Phoenix metro area, the county with the nation’s highest annual population growth. Home to more than 4 million residents where everyone has a sunny disposition, the Phoenix area also ranks as the sixth-largest city in the United States. Phoenix is a premier destination offering the best of both worlds: a growing and diverse economy and a great place to live with more than 300 sun-filled days a year and an almost endless supply of attractions including:
- 189 city parks, 33,000 acres of desert preserves and 200 miles of trails
- Host to MLB Spring Training and the annual Fiesta Bowl!
- Home of the “Phoenix Open” and 200 golf courses
- Professional sports teams including the Arizona Diamondbacks and the Arizona Cardinals.
- Host to 5 Fortune 500 company headquarters
- The “Best Mexican Food North of the Border!”
- Affordable housing and cost of living
- A family-friendly area, with the Children’s Museum of Phoenix, ample youth sports and athletic leagues, the Challenger Space Center Arizona, a wide variety of school options, including public, private, magnet and charter, the Phoenix Zoo, large water parks, SEA LIFE Arizona, and many more!
The Phoenix area is also a destination for people from all over the world to receive outstanding healthcare. This is particularly true of Dignity Health’s St. Joseph’s Hospital and Medical Center – home to the world-renown Barrow Neurological Institute and The Norton Thoracic Institute - #1 lung transplant program in the U.S. - as well as many other world-class healthcare services and teaching programs.