Dooly County School Based Clinic and S. Trussell Medical Center
ABOUT ALBANY AREA PRIMARY HEALTH CARE, INC.
Albany Area Primary Health Care, Inc. is one of the largest physicican groups in Albany, Georgia and one of our region's largest Community Health Centers. Our organization provides high quality health care to residents across nine Southwest Georgia counties.
AAPHC is comprised of 27 locations, 26 clinical sites, a pharmacy, and one administrative location. Additionally, our physician group includes over 70 providers that specialize in Family Medicine, Internal Medicine, Pediatrics, Obstetrics and Gynecology, Midwifery, Podiatry, Behavioral Health, Optometry, and Dentistry.
DOOLY COUNTY SCHOOLL BASED HEALTH CENTER AND S. TRUSSELL MEDICAL CENTER - Vienna, GA
The Dooly County School Based Health Center and S. Trussell Medical Center are located in Vienna, Georgia. The SBHC provides primary medical care to students, staff and family members and S. Trussell Medical Center provides adult and pediatric primary care services as well as podiatry services. These clinics are expanding to include Optometric services.
ABOUT VIENNA, GA
- Vienna is located approximately 56 miles from Macon; 90 miles from Columbus; 98 miles from Valdosta; 132 miles from Atlanta; 180 miles from Savannah; 136 miles from Tallahassee, Florida; 200 miles from Jacksonville, Florida; and 307 miles from Orlando, Florida.
- Vienna is located adjacent to Interstate 75 in south central Georgia in Dooly County. Dooly County is a part of the state's Andersonville Trail, the Georgia Grown Trail: Hwy 41, and the Presidential Pathways Travel Region. Dooly County boasts the largest cotton production in the state and is a leader in annual peanut production. This diverse region of the south is home to large industries, small businesses, recreational and cultural opportunities, and the very best Southern Hospitality!
As a retirement location, Vienna is only two hours south of Atlanta. It offers a quiet small town atmosphere in easy reach of major metropolitan areas. With nearby Americus, Plains, Andersonville and Columbus, this area is rich with history and abounds with activity.
- Vienna has lovely restored structures, a quaint cotton museum (the official Georgia State Cotton Museum), Victorian style homes, snowy fields of cotton, an easier lifestyle and a fabulous fall festival (BIG PIG JIG®).
- Visit the restored 1891 Dooly County Courthouse located adjacent to the Square in beautiful Downtown Vienna.
- Vienna is home to the BIG PIG JIG®, Georgia's Barbeque Cooking Championship that includes: a parade, sidewalk art contest, local and nationally-known musical entertainment, children's games and activities, Taste of the Jig, and more than $21,500 in prize money for competitors. The contest draws 120+ cooking teams with entries of whole hog, shoulder or ribs plus Brunswick stew, barbeque sauce and chicken; over 10,000 spectators attend a variety of events through out BIG PIG JIG® week. The event requires more than 200 judges and 400 volunteers. Held in November, the event is Georgia's oldest, largest, and official barbeque championship.
- Vienna is home to the late Walter F. George, an American politician from the state of Georgia. He was a long-time Democratic United States Senator and was President pro tempore of the Senate from 1955 to 1957.
- Vienna is also home to the late George Busbee, the first Georgia governor to serve two consecutive four-year terms (1975-83). He gave the state eight years of effective, low-key leadership and ranks among the most popular and least controversial of modern Georgia governors.
Come discover what is waiting for YOU!