Dover Emergency Room
Portsmouth Regional Hospital will open a new free standing emergency department in Dover, New Hampshire beginning of 2019! The 10,000 square foot facility will provide 11 treatment rooms, including bays for trauma care, behavioral health and pediatric care. Patients receiving care at the emergency department will benefit from a coordinated patient care experience including extensive specialty care services and resources offered by Portsmouth Regional Hospital. The emergency department will also offer full emergency diagnostic testing including onsite 24/7 CT scan, ultrasound, and complete laboratory testing.
Emergency Department Profile:
- Open 24/7/365
- Projected annual volume of 10,000+
- Fully integrated with Portsmouth Regional Hospital
- 10,000 square feet
- 11 treatment rooms
- All private treatment rooms
- State of the art imaging, including CT, ultrasound and contemporaneous radiology readings
- Ambulance bay for EMS access
- Patients needing to be admitted to an inpatient bed will be transported to the main campus with seamless care handoff to our excellent intensivists, hospitalists, and specialists
The quality of life in Dover is unmatched. Dover is the fastest-growing city in New Hampshire and is ranked one of the top 100 communities in the United States and one of the nation's top communities for young people. The city boasts an exceptional school system, outstanding parks and recreation services, as well as premier medical facilities.
Dover is nestled between the mountains and the ocean. The community is close to the University of New Hampshire, a short drive to Portsmouth New Hampshire, a quick commute to the metropolitan area of Boston, and less an hour drive to Boston's Logan International Airport. In addition, there is easy access to rail and highway transportation routes.