The VA Medical Center in Erie, PA needs one to two physicians to provide onsite urgent care center physician services. We need to be able to provide 40 hrs of coverage every week...52 weeks per year.
Location: Erie VAMC, 135 East 38 Street, Erie, PA
UCC averages 30 visits during weekdays and 10-15 visits during weekends and Federal holidays. Major trauma care is not available. Though only walk-in patients are seen, the UCC does care for seriously ill Veterans who require stabilization and emergent transfer. The UCC admits or transfers an average of 60 patients/month. The facility uses CPRS for their ERM program.
Period of Performance: Initial 7 Feb 2020 to 30 Sep 2020 with two one-year options
- Clear and unrestricted license
- Board Certified in one of the three disciplines-Family Practice, Internal Medicine, or Emergency Medicine
- have recent (within the last 3 years) experience in an Urgent Care Center or Emergency Room
- Up to date immunization records
Scope of Care: Contractor’s physician (s) (as appropriate and within scope of practice/privileging) shall be responsible for initial evaluation and treatment of patients that present to the UCC. Patients that present with emergencies are stabilized and transferred out.
- Consultation and Referral Responsibilities: Contractor’s physician (s) shall provide consultation with and recommendations to referring physicians regarding appropriate referral of patients, so that the most expeditious and clinically appropriate work-up can be done. Contractor’s physician (s) shall determine the appropriate course of treatment and communicate in person or by phone with the referring clinicians.
- Orthopedic devices: Contractor’s physician(s) shall follow all established orthotic devices policies and procedures.
- Medications: Contractor’s physician (s) shall follow all established medication policies and procedures.
- Discharge education: Contractor’s physician (s) shall provide discharge education and follow up instructions that are coordinated with the next care setting for all UCC patients.
VA Business Hours: VAMC is open 24/7, 365 days a year. The UCC hours of operation are Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. and Saturday and Sunday, 8:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m. The Contractor Physician shall be on duty during weekdays, weekends, and Federal holidays. The shifts are either (1) 8am to 8pm or (2) 10 am to 10pm Mon-Fri and 8am to 8pm Sat,Sun and Holidays.
- $200 for Board Certified Emergency medicine Physicians;
- $180 for Board Ceritified Internal Medicine/Family Practiuce with Urgent Care Center or Emergency Room
- Plus Travel