Essentia Health is an integrated health system serving patients in Minnesota, Wisconsin, North Dakota and Idaho.
Headquartered in Duluth, Minn., Essentia Health combines the strengths and talents of 14,000 employees, including more than 1,800 physicians and advanced practitioners, who serve our patients and communities through the mission of being called to make a healthy difference in people’s lives.
Essentia Health, which includes many Catholic facilities, is guided by the values of quality, hospitality, respect, justice, stewardship and teamwork. The organization delivers on its promise to be “Here With You” in 15 hospitals, 69 clinics, seven long-term care facilities, two assisted living facilities, four independent living facilities, five ambulance services and one research institute.
Essentia Health is accredited as an Accountable Care Organization by the National Committee for Quality Assurance.
Duluth is a family-friendly university city of 85,000 offering an outstanding quality of life. Its residents enjoy sailing, skiing, fishing, camping, canoeing, kayaking and proximity to miles of hiking, biking and ski trails. Duluth has a thriving performing arts culture claiming home to the Duluth-Superior Symphony Orchestra, several theater and opera groups, and a robust local music scene. The Duluth Art Institute and University of Minnesota –Duluth School of Fine Arts and its’ associated galleries make Duluth a regional mecca for fine, graphic and studio arts. Duluth’s own strong attributes coupled with easy access to the metropolitan amenities of Minneapolis/St. make it a very livable city, attractive to people of diverse interests. Cited by numerous reports and publications, Duluth is frequently acclaimed as one of America’s best and most livable cities.
Duluth offers much to do, both indoors and out. Here are some examples:
- Unlimited recreation at 105 municipal parks, tennis courts, baseball/softball fields, picnic areas, paved bike trails, hiking trails, snowmobile trails, cross-country ski trails, and downhill skiing and snowboarding at Spirit Mountain.
- Dozens of gardens, rivers, streams and hidden waterfalls within the city
- Miles of beautiful shoreline and swimming beaches
- Two golf courses and two country clubs
- Canal Park features the Arial Lift Bridge, which connects Duluth to Park Point, a marine museum, a freshwater aquarium, retail stores, restaurants and a 3.5 mile boardwalk following the shoreline
- Great boating, sailing and fishing on the largest freshwater lake in the world
- Neighboring state parks and scenic drives
Northern Minnesota has:
- Been named the healthiest state in the country by United Health Foundation
- Strong public school systems
- Reasonable housing costs
- Many higher education opportunities
- Several national ranked golf courses
- The Boundary Waters Canoe Area Wilderness
- A large percentage of the state’s 11,842 lakes
Visit http://www.essentiahealth.org/careers for more information about the Essentia Health and http://www.visitduluth.com/ to learn more about the Duluth community.