Essentia Health is an integrated health system serving patients in Minnesota, Wisconsin, North Dakota and Idaho.
Headquartered in Duluth, Minn., Essentia Health combines the strengths and talents of 14,000 employees, including more than 1,800 physicians and advanced practitioners, who serve our patients and communities through the mission of being called to make a healthy difference in people’s lives.
Essentia Health, which includes many Catholic facilities, is guided by the values of quality, hospitality, respect, justice, stewardship and teamwork. The organization delivers on its promise to be “Here With You” in 15 hospitals, 69 clinics, seven long-term care facilities, two assisted living facilities, four independent living facilities, five ambulance services and one research institute.
Essentia Health is accredited as an Accountable Care Organization by the National Committee for Quality Assurance.
Essentia Health-Aurora Clinic is a beutiful new clinic providing a full spectrum of primary care and access to an array of specialized services. At this friendly northern Minnesota clinic, you’ll find a dedicated team that includes family practice physicians, credentialed practitioners, registered nurses and more. Plus, you have access to services, programs and diagnostic and preventative screening tools.
Best of all, the care you receive here is backed by the full resources, technologies and expertise of more than 400 specialists and subspecialists at the nationally recognized Essentia Health Duluth Clinic. That includes physicians who travel here to provide outreach services such as general surgery and nutritional services, helping ensure you get high quality care — close to home.
Aurora Population: 1,850
Duluth: 50 miles away
Minneapolis/St. Paul: 190 miles away
Agriculture, forestry, fishing, hunting and mining: Recreation
Aurora offers public elementary and secondary schools. The high school is located just outside of Aurora and is also combined with other nearby small towns.
The State of Minnesota ranks 8th in the nation for ACT test scores.
Northeastern Minnesota is famous for it’s breathtaking beauty in every season. If you enjoy nature and being outdoors, Aurora is the place for you! Here’s why:
- The Superior National Forest is the largest national forest in the contiguous 48 states and contains more than 2,000 lakes
- Hikers and bikers have access to the
- Mesabi Trail network from Aurora’s Pine Grove Park
- City Nature Walk
- Two championship golf courses and downhill skiing at Giants Ridge Golf and Ski Resort
- Miles snowmobile trail networks
- Beautifully groomed cross country ski trails
- Year-round fishing on dozens of nearby lakes
- Northern Pines Medical Center (adjacent to the clinic)
Northern Minnesota has:
- Strong public school systems
- Reasonable housing costs
- Been named the healthiest state in the country by United Health Foundation
- Many higher education opportunities
- Several national ranked golf courses
- The Boundary Waters Canoe Area Wilderness
- A large percentage of the state’s
- 11,842 lakes