Essentia Health-St. Mary's Superior Clinic provides a full spectrum of primary care and access to an array of specialized services. At this friendly northern Minnesota clinic, you’ll find a dedicated team that includes family practice and internal medicine physicians, credentialed practitioners and outreach specialists. Plus, you have access to services such as a Warfarin program and diagnostic and preventative screening tools.
Best of all, the care you receive here is backed by the full resources, technologies and expertise of more than 400 specialists and subspecialists at the nationally recognized Essentia Health Duluth Clinic. That includes physicians who travel here to provide outreach services such as general surgery and nutritional services, helping ensure you get high quality care — close to home.
Superior, one of the busiest ports in the nation, is located on the western tip of Lake Superior, across the bridge from Duluth, Minnesota. This community borders the largest freshwater lake in the world and offers cultural attractions and unique events. There are many recreational opportunities in Superior, including: golfing, hiking, fishing, canoeing, kayaking, biking, sailing, cross-country and downhill skiing, curling, snowshoeing, hockey and much more. Superior is truly a place you can live, work and play in.
Superior offers a variety of cultural and outdoor activities, such as:
- Golfing at several local golf courses
- Hiking, camping or canoeing at beautiful state parks
- A 420-slip marina, the starting point to sail thousands of square miles of easily navigated water
- Beautiful beaches and picnic areas on Wisconsin Point
- Museums and historical sites
- Biking, walking and rollerblading along a five-mile paved waterfront trail
- Groomed cross-country ski trails and snowmobile trails
Essentia Health St. Mary’s Hospital of Superior is attached to the clinic.
Northern Wisconsin has:
- Strong public schools systems
- Many higher education opportunities
- Reasonable housing costs
- Countless freshwater lakes, streams and rivers provide some of the best fishing and boating in the nation
- Thousands of miles of snowmobile trails
Essentia Health is an integrated health system serving patients in Minnesota, Wisconsin, North Dakota and Idaho.
Headquartered in Duluth, Minn., Essentia Health combines the strengths and talents of 14,000 employees, including more than 1,800 physicians and advanced practitioners, who serve our patients and communities through the mission of being called to make a healthy difference in people’s lives.
Essentia Health, which includes many Catholic facilities, is guided by the values of quality, hospitality, respect, justice, stewardship and teamwork. The organization delivers on its promise to be “Here With You” in 15 hospitals, 69 clinics, seven long-term care facilities, two assisted living facilities, four independent living facilities, five ambulance services and one research institute.
Essentia Health is accredited as an Accountable Care Organization by the National Committee for Quality Assurance.