Essentia Health-Virginia Clinic
Essentia Health is an integrated health system serving patients in Minnesota, Wisconsin, North Dakota and Idaho.
Headquartered in Duluth, Minn., Essentia Health combines the strengths and talents of 14,000 employees, including more than 1,800 physicians and advanced practitioners, who serve our patients and communities through the mission of being called to make a healthy difference in people’s lives.
Essentia Health, which includes many Catholic facilities, is guided by the values of quality, hospitality, respect, justice, stewardship and teamwork. The organization delivers on its promise to be “Here With You” in 15 hospitals, 69 clinics, seven long-term care facilities, two assisted living facilities, four independent living facilities, five ambulance services and one research institute.
Essentia Health is accredited as an Accountable Care Organization by the National Committee for Quality Assurance.
Essentia Health-Virginia Clinic provides a full spectrum of primary care and access to an array of specialized services. At this friendly northern Minnesota clinic, you’ll find a dedicated team that includes family practice physicians, specialists, credentialed providers, registered nurses and more. Plus, you have access to services such as a Warfarin program and diagnostic and preventative screening tools.
Best of all, the care you receive here is backed by the full resources, technologies and expertise of more than 400 specialists and subspecialists at the nationally recognized Essentia Health Duluth Clinic. That includes physicians who travel here to provide outreach services such as general surgery and nutritional services, helping ensure you get high quality care — close to home.
Known as the “Queen City of the North”, Virginia is located in the heart of Minnesota’s Mesabi Iron Range. Situated on some of Minnesota’s riches iron ore and taconite deposits, Virginia is surrounded by vast forests and picturesque lakes, creating harmony with nature and industry. The beautiful area surrounding Virginia offers four seasons of outdoor adventures and is the perfect place to call home.
Virginia and the surrounding area offer many opportunities for fun, such as:
- The Mesabi Trail, which is a paved, non-motorized trail system. Walk, jog, run, rollerblade or bike this beautiful trail as it meanders through Virginia and on to neighboring communities.
- Virginia has over 30 acres of “green space”, including Olcott Park, which has a unique year-round greenhouse, an exquisite fountain and gardens and a great playground for the kids.
- Many nearby lakes and state parks for camping, fishing, and boating.
- Local golf courses in addition to two championship courses and downhill skiing at nearby Giants Ridge Golf and Ski Resort
- Winter recreation is found at the curling club, ice hockey rinks, cross-country ski trials, and on the many snowmobile trails.
Virginia Regional Medical Center
Northern Minnesota has:
- Strong public school systems
- Reasonable housing costs
- Many higher education opportunities
- Several national ranked golf courses
- The Boundary Waters Canoe Area Wilderness
- A large percentage of the state’s 11,842 lakes
- Been named the healthiest state in the country by United Health Foundation
For more information about the community visit www.laurentianchamber.org