With no state sales tax and low property taxes, the greater Salem area offers an affordable living with access to some of the states most-coveted natural wonders. Find a fascinating mix of life in this state capital which offers cultural diversity and urban amenities in an area where you can walk behind a waterfall, hike through an old-growth forest, discover an award-winning winery or two, and savor the fragrance of spectacular gardens.
• No state sales taxes and low property taxes with affordable housing with a median price of only $240,000
• Enjoy all four seasons in a temperate climate with average highs of 80 degrees and lows of only 33.5 degrees
• Variety of amenities nearby - golfing, shopping, fishing, sporting events, skiing, theaters
• International airport access in Salem, Portland, and Eugene
• Excellent schools both parochial and public school - 19:1 student to teacher ratio