Located in a beautiful chain of islands in Southeast Alaska, this community was built by those who love the water and has been named as the “Best Town in Alaska for Young Families”. Known as ‘Little Norway’, this family-friendly community has a tradition of cultural diversity and charm.
• Ability to live and work in one of Alaska’s most beautiful areas
• Cruises from Seattle navigate this inner island waterway because of its magnificent scenery and wildlife
• World-class hiking, kayaking, hunting, fishing, wildlife watching, biking and hiking
• Homeport to one of the most productive fishing grounds in Alaska
• #4 Best School District in Alaska in 2018 by Niche and Blue-Ribbon School – one of only 2 in Alaska to be recognized
• Two flights daily and year-round ferry service connects you to anywhere in the world