Known as the “Golden Heart of Alaska”, Fairbanks emanates a quality of light, energy and warmth found nowhere else on Earth. It’s a vibrant university town located just alongside the Chena River with a solid economic base and world-class outdoor recreational opportunities. Our northern lights will change you, while our summer midnight sun charms you!
- No state income tax and no state sales tax
- Charming downtown with a thriving arts community and rich Alaska native culture
- International Airport in Town
- University of Alaska – Fairbanks located right in town
- Family friendly community with a performing arts center, symphony, museums and art galleries
- Excellent school systems including public, private and charter schools
- A plethora of outdoor activities available including hiking, skiing, dog mushing, aurora viewing, fishing, river excursions, hot springs, hunting and wildlife viewing
- Diverse and affordable housing available: 5 bed, 4 baths, 2,516 sq. ft. on a 1.67-acre lot size for $219,000!!
- Easy access to Anchorage and Denali National Park