Florida Hospital Memorial Medical Center
At the Center for Wound Healing and Hyperbaric Medicine, our expert team of physicians and advanced wound care nurses work together with patients and their primary care physician to heal chronic wounds.
Our multi-disciplinary team of professionals assess each patient, develop a comprehensive treatment plan, monitor progress on a weekly basis and change treatment protocols as needed to achieve the best healing outcome in the shortest amount of time.
To learn more about wound care services or to schedule an appointment, call (386) 231-3615. We are located on the first floor of the Medical Office Building at Florida Hospital Memorial Medical Center, 301 Memorial Medical Parkway in Daytona Beach.
Advanced Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy
The Center for Wound Healing and Hyperbaric Medicine has brought hyperbaric oxygen therapy into the mainstream of the wound and non-emergency treatment of wounds. Through increased oxygen levels, hyperbaric therapy stimulates the growth of new blood vessels at the wound site, increases the healing capabilities of the body and works to arrest certain types of infection. Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy has proven very effective for non-healing wounds, osteomyelitis that does not respond to standard treatment, problematic surgical wounds, diabetic leg and foot ulcers, and skin grafts and flaps. Hyperbaric Oxygen is also helpful with patients experiencing complications from radiation therapy.
Conditions We Treat at The Center for Wound Healing and Hyperbaric Medicine include:
- Wounds that fail to show significant improvement toward healing
- Wounds involving tendons, ligament, bone and/ or joint
- Foot wounds resulting from neuropathy in a diabetic person
- Venous leg ulcers
- Ulcers resulting from poor circulation
- Non-healing surgical or traumatic wounds
- Late effects of radiation with soft tissue damage
- Mandibular Osteoradionecrosis
Treatment Options We Offer:
- Infection Control
- Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy
- Topical Wound Care
- Compression Therapy
- Diabetic Education/Medical Nutrition Therapy
- Pressure Reducing/Relieving Devices
- Rehabilitative Services