Loyal Source Government Services is currently hiring a Physician – Obstetrician/Gynecologist for Ft. Knox near Louisville, KY to work as a civilian contractor. Working for Loyal Source gives you the ability to work for the FASTEST growing provider of clinical services for the United States Government. Must have a current, unrestricted licensure in ANY STATE, territory or commonwealth of the United States, District of Columbia, Virgin Islands, Guam or Puerto Rico. This opportunity is working in a Government facility.
For more information please contact Ben Poole at 407-284-4364 or by email at email@example.com
JOB SNAP SHOT
Location: Ft. Knox located at/near Louisville, KY
Hours/Shifts: Normal hours of work are Monday – Friday, between the hours of 7:00 am to 7:30 pm (excluding Federal holidays). The physician will typically work an 8-hour day.
Clinic - The physician shall provide services in the clinic Monday through Friday, excluding legal public holidays, training holidays and other times the clinics are authorized to be closed. Clinic duty hours are 8 hour shifts (example: 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.). Clinic hours include a 30-minute, unpaid lunch period.
Surgery - The physician shall perform surgical procedures approximately one day per week. Surgical procedures will typically be scheduled between the hours of 7:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m., based on OR availability.
On-Call - The physician shall perform on-call duty during weekdays and weekends, including legal federal holidays and designated training holidays as scheduled by the Chief, Women’s Health Service.
Weekday Call - Evening on-call shifts will start at 4:30 p.m. and end the following day at 8:00 a.m. However, shifts will be coordinated with the contractor for mutually agreeable days by the Chief, Obstetric/Gynecologic Services or Chief, Department of Surgery, five (5) calendar days prior to the month in which the work is to be performed.
Weekend/Holiday Call - Saturday, Sunday and Holiday shifts will begin at 8:00 a.m. and end the following day at 8:00 a.m. Physician will stay in-house when on each weekend/holiday coverage. Holiday on call is defined as any Federal Holiday and shall also be a flat rate per day for a 24-hour shift.
- Education Degree
- Board Certified
- DEA Registration
- Minimum 2 years’ experience within the last 3 years practicing in OB/GYN
- A qualified medical or osteopathic physician who, as a minimum, has successfully completed an accredited residency-training program in Obstetrician/Gynecologist which was approved by the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education and has current board certification through the American Board of Obstetrician/Gynecologist.
- Shall have a minimum of 2 years’ experience, within the past 3 years, practicing in Obstetrician/Gynecologist.
- Shall have and maintain a valid, unrestricted state license in any state in the United States, District of Columbia, or the territory of Puerto Rico to practice medicine, and maintain a current Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) registration. The licenses and registration must be renewed and maintained in a current status.
- Shall have current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification from the American Heart Association. Advanced Cardiac Life Support or other advanced certification does not supersede BLS certification.
- Shall be able to read, write, speak and understand English well enough to effectively communicate with all patients and other health care providers.
- Be a United States citizen capable of obtaining favorable security clearance
Scope of Work:
- The contract physician shall perform medical examinations and treatment in the specialty of Obstetrician/Gynecologist. The quality of OB/GYN physician services shall meet or exceed reasonable standards of professional practice as determined by the authority that governs military medical professionals in the same discipline. The contractor shall provide medical care to all beneficiaries authorized care in AR 40-3 and shall perform all required emergency health care procedures during on-call hours. The contractor shall provide health care in Building 851, Ireland Army Community Hospital, Fort Knox, Kentucky.
- The provision of services under this contract is part of the managed care network of providers under the Department of Defense TRICARE Program. The managed care network of military facilities, government contractors, and civilian preferred providers, establishes a continuum of medical services for eligible beneficiaries. As part of the network, the contract physician will be required to interface with network participants, including other government contractors in order to appropriately manage services for the beneficiaries. Contact with other government contractors will be for the purpose of coordinating services only. All contract compliance and performance guidance will come from the Contracting Officer and/or the QAE.
- The contract physician shall provide patient treatment and consultation to other members of the medical staff. Contract physicians providing services under this contract shall be required to perform their assigned duties with regard to all admitted patients and eligible beneficiaries regardless of underlying disease process or physical condition of such patients or beneficiaries.
- The contract physician shall evaluate and manage urgent or emergent problems as such patients present for care.
- The contract physician shall have sufficient experience to perform the full range of services in the diagnosis and treatment of Obstetrical/Gynecological patients, to include, but not limited to:
- Normal Antepartum and Postpartum Care
- Normal Labor and Delivery
- Maternal-Fetal Monitoring
- Episiotomy and Repair of Second Degree Laceration
- Local Infiltration Anesthesia
- Pudendal Block Anesthesia
- Use of Oxytocic Drugs After Completion of Third Stage
- Cervical Dilation and Curettage (Including Vacuum)
- Biopsy of Cervix, Endometrium, Vagina or Vulva
- Abdominal Salpingo-oopherectomy, Ovarian Cystectomy
- Abdominal Tubal Interruption
- Repair of Third and Fourth Degree Lacerations
- Drainage/Marsupialization of Bartholin Cyst
- Fetal Scalp pH Sampling
- Neonatal Resuscitation
- Elective Low Forceps Use
- Manual Removal of Placenta and Postpartum Uterine Exploration
- Circumcision of Newborn
- Intrauterine Insemination
- Laparoscopy, Diagnostic and Operative
- Abdominal Hysterectomy
- Myomectomy and Uterine Plastic Procedures
- Repair of Cystocele and Rectocele
- Repair of Injury to Bladder
- Cervical Cryosurgery or Electrosurgical Excision (LEEP)
- Partial (simple) Vulvectomy
- Vaginal Tubal Interruption
- Cervical Conization
- Cervial or Abdominal Cerclage
- All Vaginal and Caesarean Deliveries
- Obstetric Ultrasound Imaging
- Intra-amniotic Operative Procedures
- Placement of Intra-arterial Catheter
- The contract physician shall instruct and monitor other medical personnel in care and treatment of patients to include non-therapeutic services such as physical examination. The contract physician shall provide medical supervision and instruction for physician extenders such as nurse practitioners and physician assistants
- The contract physician shall initiate requests for tests and x-rays, as appropriate. Follow-up of abnormal reports is the responsibility of the ordering physician. All abnormal x-ray and lab reports received on patients seen by the contract physician shall be reviewed by the contract physician within 24 hours of its receipt.
- The contract physician shall prepare and document appropriate history, physical examinations and diagnosis. The contract physician shall maintain documentation of all treatment provided in accordance with hospital directives and prepare such records and reports as may be required. The contract physician shall ensure all documentation and reports are legible.
- Contract physicians shall use MTF established procedures for obtaining consultation and referrals of patients to secondary and tertiary level services.
- Composite Health Care System (CHCS)/AHLTA, or Essentris as applicable. Contract physicians shall use the CHCS/AHLTA for keeping records, ordering of ancillary procedures, ordering of medications, writing doctor’s orders, schedule follow-up visits and performing other required patient functions. The government will provide training to contract employees (see para 1.16). Access to such patient data systems is an "Automated Data Processing Sensitive" position requiring compliance with AR 25-2 and AR 380-67.
- Infection Control. The contract physician shall adhere to the Centers for Disease Control guidelines concerning standard precautions and MEDDAC Memo 40-15, Infection Control Program, at all times while providing services under this contract.
- The Contractor HCP shall participate in administrative or clinical duties as requested or needed to ensure sustainment of normal clinic operations and ensure compliance with JC standards, to include, but not limited to reviewing and dispositioning consults, abide by clinic SOPs and standards, conducting monthly peer review and attending staff meetings.
- The Contractor HCP performing direct health care services under this task order shall be considered mission essential personnel and shall perform mission essential duties as identified by the Government in support of mission-essential functions.
- Quality Improvement shall include the following responsibilities:
- Assist in quality improvement data collection and review.
- Help with problem solving regarding quality improvement issues.
- Participate in multidisciplinary functional groups and process action teams as needed.
- Uphold established patient care and practice standards.
- Review and submit reports as required.
- Participate in all mandatory training.
If you are not interested in this location, please let us know what opportunities you would be interested in as we get new positions throughout the country daily. Feel free to forward this to anyone who may be interested in working with the military or the VA as a contracted civilian, as we do offer a referral bonus.
For more information go to our website www.loyalsource.com and follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook & Twitter for other positions currently open.