- Primary care services for veterans in the Fort Smith metro area and surrounding communities.
- Behavioral Health services including individual, group and family counseling, and programs such as QuitSmart Smoking Cessation.
- Handicapped Accessible: full and easy access for all veterans.
- Personal Care: Highly qualified primary care providers, specialty care referrals to the Fayetteville VA Medical Center.
- Laboratory: Blood drawing services available.
- Prescriptions: Routine prescriptions processed through the mail or My HealtheVet
On the banks of Arkansas River, Fort Smith celebrates its Wild West history at museums like the National Historic Site, the homage to U.S. Deputy Marshall Bass Reeves with an impressive 25-foot-statue, through preservation of numerous historic homes and with annual festivals, such as its Old Fort Days Rodeo, held each spring. Downtown, Garrison Avenue is full of shopping, dining, arts, nightlife and entertainment venues. The city has numerous motels and hotels that cater to every budget and lifestyle.
Fishing opportunities abound with the Arkansas River Navigation System, which has created scores of quiet inlets and bayous filled with many kinds of native Arkansas fish. The area also has a reputation as a bird sanctuary. Other outdoor recreational opportunities such as hiking and canoeing can be found nearby at Fort Smith State Park, Devil's Den State Park and the Mulberry River. Its establishment of contemporary arts and entertainment venues, and its thriving community that is building for the future.
Fort Smith, Arkansas bills itself as the place “where the new south meets the old west.” Located on the Arkansas-Oklahoma border and near the junction of Interstates 40 and 540, Fort Smith, AR is five miles from Van Buren, 47 miles from Arkansas wine country, and 63 miles from Fayetteville. It is accessible to travelers, vacationers, business groups, and tour coaches. With a metropolitan area population of more than 225,000 people, Fort Smith is one of the largest cities in Arkansas.