Franciscan Health Carmel
WHO WE ARE
In April 2012, Franciscan Health opened its third hospital in central Indiana. Located in Hamilton County, this hospital represents the new model in heath care. Our Carmel location is an innovative short-stay medical center offering patients a range of inpatient and outpatient services conveniently located and easily accessible. The development of Franciscan Health Carmel was in response to years of requests by north-side physicians and patients for a Franciscan Health hospital with multiple health services in one facility. With onsite imaging, surgery and laboratory services, as well as orthopedics, physical therapy, primary care and other specialty services, patients have the flexibility of health care that fits their busy schedules.
The hospital’s first and second levels include an inpatient unit, inpatient and outpatient surgical suites, a comprehensive imaging center, cardiac testing, physical therapy and other clinical services. A number of physician practices are located on the third floor. As part of the 14-hospital Franciscan Alliance health care system, the Carmel location creates a convenient continuum of care for current and future patients to meet their needs in a variety of areas.
Franciscan Health Carmel is a three-story facility featuring an inpatient post-surgical unit, located at the North Meridian Medical Pavilion.
- Franciscan Health Carmel is noted as one of the top 7 hospitals statewide to earn top marks in nurse communication. This distinction was recognized by HCAHPS in 2017.
- Recipient of Press Ganey’s 2016 Guardian of Excellence Award recognizing hospitals that have achieved the 95th percentile in patient experience.
- Heart and lung scans Laboratory services
- Event monitoring
• A full range of physical therapy is offered, including evaluations for back pain, treatment of sport-related injuries, orthopedic post-op rehabilitation and more.
Additional services offered on campus•
- Balance evaluation
- Breast surgery
- Family Medicine
- Joint Replacement
- Melanoma surgery
- Sleep studies
- Orthopedic Surgery
- Spinal surgery
- Sports Medicine
- Travel Medicine
- Inpatient and outpatient services
• Licensed Bed Capacity: 6
• Annual Admissions: 389
• Annual Outpatient Visits: 7,423
• Total Physicians: 19
WHERE WE LIVE
Carmel is one of the fastest growing cities in Indiana, located immediately north of Indianapolis in Hamilton County. In 2012, Carmel was selected as the "Best Place to Live in the United States" by CNN Money magazine, and received the same designation by Niche.com in 2017 and 2018.
Carmel boasts award-winning schools, thriving businesses, and family-oriented neighborhoods.
- Carmel Farmers Market
- Carmel Monon Community Center encompasses a large outdoor water park and a mega-fitness center.
- The Monon Trail is a multi-use trail that is part of the Rails-to-Trails movement.
- The Carmel Arts and Design District includes the award-winning Carmel Clay Public Library, the Hamilton County Convention & Visitor's Bureau and Welcome Center and a collection of art galleries, boutiques, interior designers, cafes, and restaurants.
- Carmel City Center is home to The Palladium at the Center for the Performing Arts.
- Kawachinagano Japanese Garden