Franciscan Health Olympia Fields
WHO WE ARE
At Franciscan Health Olympia Fields, were dedicated to providing the best health care possible. We are proud to be a recognized leader in Illinois health care and the only center in the far south suburban region approved as a Teaching Hospital Cancer Program by the Commission on Cancer offering a full range of diagnostic and treatment services. We are at the forefront in services for cancer, heart and vascular, colorectal and diabetes.
The Only Teaching Hospital in Southland
America’s teaching hospitals are the training ground for more than 100,000 new physicians and related health professionals each year. Of America’s 6,003 hospitals, only 400 are academic centers. Of the 59 teaching hospitals in Illinois, only one – Franciscan Health – provides care to people living in Chicago’s Southland.
Under the supervision of highly skilled attending physicians at both the Olympia Fields and Chicago Heights hospital campuses, residents who study at Midwestern University fulfill roles that expand and enhance the hospi-tal’s ability to deliver quality care to all members of the community.
Academic health centers provide a host of unique advantages, including:
- Improved quality of care
- Superior outcomes
- Shorter LOS for major illnesses
Our modernized, state-of-the-art facility has a patient-centric design, including a reconfigured entrance, all private rooms,renovated facilities and more. Even the cafeteria has been redone to provide a cheerful space in which to “recharge,” with an expanded menu of delicious food choices.
The new Emergency Department is the most advanced in the Southland. It features state-of-the-art ambulance bays, new trauma rooms, fast-track rooms and a comfortable waiting room. An adjacent Clinical Decision Unit will provide more efficient care for patients who require specialized observation.
Here is just a sampling of the many changes we have made to serve your healthcare needs to the fullest extent:
- Expanded, state-of-the-art operating suites
- Transformed Intensive Care Unit withlarger patient rooms and six new Cardiovascular Universal Bed rooms
- Renovated Outpatient Neurodiagnostics, Respiratory Therapy, Imaging Services, Lab and more
- All-new Medical/Surgical unit
- A new inpatient rehabilitation unit equipped to provide university-level care, close to home
- The new Franciscan Health Family Birth Center with the latest equipment and technologies, and a Level II plus special care nursery
- MRI Caring Suite uniting the latest technology with a relaxed, personalized experience
- and much more
Franciscan Health Olympia Fields is the centerpiece of our regional health system. Our system is comprised of primary, preventive and urgent care services at sites of care throughout the Chicago Southland.
WHERE WE LIVE
Olympia Fields is a suburb of Chicago without the hustle and bustle of living downtown. It offers an affordable cost of living with excellent school options including private and public schools.
- Park your car and ride the Olympia Fields Metra into downtown Chicago or neighboring cities
- Diverse employment base with good commercially-insured base of employees
- Outdoors Activities available:
- Olympia Fields Park District – 150 acres of park land offering wellness, fitness, sports, arts, and dance programs.
- Iron Oaks Environmental Center – 40 acre nature preserve offering cross country skiing, trails, ponds, gardens, and more.
- Performing Arts Center, Theatres, and the Illinois Philharmonic Orchestra