For free help with your job search, call (800) 776-8383
About Hawai‘i Pacific Health
Hawai‘i Pacific Health is a not for profit health care system of medical centers, clinics, physicians and other care providers. Our missin is to create a healthier Hawai'i.
Anchored by our four medical centers - Kapi‘olani, Pali Momi, Straub, and Wilcox - Hawai'i Pacfic Health also comprises more than 70 convenient locations statewide. As one of the state's largest health care systems, Hawai'i Pacific Health's network of doctors and specialists work together to provide a distinctive and effective model of coordinated care for maintaining the health and wellness of our patietns, from treating simple illnesses to complex diseases. As a not-for-profit organization, Hawaii Pacific Health reinvests it's earning into patient care, community programs and improvments to medical equipment and facilities. It also means we invest in research, education and training, as well as charity care for underserved people within our island community.
Hawai‘i Pacific Health was formed in December 2001 as a result of the merger of three longtime industry leaders, Kapi‘olani Health, Straub Medical Center and Wilcox Health. At the time, it became Hawai‘i’s largest health care provider with a combined history of 250 years of excellence.
Health Care System Affiliates
• Hawai‘i Health Partners
• Hawaii Pacific Health Medical Group
• Kapi‘olani Medical Center for Women & Children
• Kapi‘olani Medical Specialists
• Kapi‘olani Health Foundation
• Kaua‘i Medical Clinic
Affiliations and Awards
• Six-time recipient of the Gallup Great Workplace Award.
• Three-time recipient of the HIMSS Enterprise Davies Award of Excellence.
• Affiliated with the University of Hawai‘i on various athletic, teaching and medical residency programs, as well as affiliations with hundreds of other local and national academic partners.
• Member of the High Value Healthcare Collaborative, University of Hawai‘i Cancer Consortium, National Surgical Quality Improvement Program, Society for Thoracic Surgeons, National Cardiac Data Registry, Premier Quest program, Vermont Oxford Network, and the Children’s Hospitals’ Solutions for Patient Safety Network (Kapi‘olani).
• Keith Matsumoto, MD, Chair of the Board
• Ray Vara, President & Chief Executive Officer
• Leslie Chun, MD, Executive Vice President, Hawaii Pacific Health, Chief Executive Officer of Hawaii Pacific Health Medical Group
• David Okabe, Executive Vice President, Chief Financial Officer & Treasurer
• Gail Lerch, Executive Vice President, Human Resources & General Services
• Bob Ching, Executive Vice President & General Counsel
• Steve Robertson, Executive Vice President, Revenue Management and IT & Chief Information Officer
• Melinda Ashton, MD, Executive Vice President & Chief Quality Officer
• Gerard Livaudais, MD, Executive Vice President, Population Health and Provider Networks
• Art Gladstone, Executive Vice President & Chief Strategy Officer
• Martha Smith, Executive Vice President of O‘ahu Operations, Hawai‘i Pacific Health
Chief Executive Officer of Kapi‘olani Medical Center for Women & Children, Pali Momi Medical Center and Straub Medical Center
• Kenneth Nakamura, MD, Chief Medical Officer of Kapi‘olani Medical Specialists
• Douglas Kwock, MD, Chief Medical Officer of Pali Momi Medical Center
• Rodney Williams, MD, Chief Medical Officer of Straub Medical Center
• Jen Chahanovich, President & Chief Executive Officer of Wilcox Medical Center, and Chief Executive Officer of Kaua‘i Medical Clinic
• Geri Young, MD, Chief Medical Officer of Kaua‘i Medical Clinic