Henry County Health Center
Henry County Health Center: www.hchc.org
Henry County Health Center has a rich heritage of caring for patients and area residents since 1921. HCHC is a leader in health care and is will respected by hospitals of all sizes. With our technological innovation and associates who are compassionate and committed to those we serve, HCHC strives for excellence in all we do. The Henry County Health Center (HCHC) is a 74-bed facility, HCHC offers extensive programs and services, and is staffed by over 300 highly trained and dedicated health care providers. Our diverse and skilled medical staff consists of over 25 full-time Henry County-based physicians and physician extenders complemented by visiting specialist. This includes local, board certified specialists in Family Practice, Family Practice (with Obstetrics), Internal Medicine, General Surgery, Radiology, Ophthalmology, Nephrology, Orthopaedic Surgery, Otolaryngology (Ears, Nose, Throat), Audiology, Cardiology, Gastroenterology, Gynecology, Neurology, Occupational Health, Oncology, Orthotics/Prosthetics, Podiatry, Pulmonary, Urology, Wound Care, and Clinical Psychology.
Members of our staff have been awarded state and national honors for their leardership and quality of the services provided. The recognition that our facility and associates have received speaks highly for the Center, and serves as an example of quality care in the changing healthcare environment.
Serving a rural area, we recognize that our responsibility to meet the health care needs of area communities requires us to go beyond our walls. We do this through outreach clinics, Public Health, Healthy Henry County Communities, and nationally acclaimed Emergency Services. In addition to caring for the sick and injured, we know that we have a responsibility to improve the quality of life in our community and are guided by our mission to advance the health of individuals and our communities. Combining small-town hospitality with the latest in medical technology gives the people of Henry County the best health services available.
Mt. Pleasant, IA: www.mountpleasantiowa.orgWELCOME to Mount Pleasant, a growing community
of 9,000 in the heart of southeast Iowa. Education is a cornerstone in the community, where it begins at the preschool level and continues through college. We are home to institutes of higher learning: Iowa Wesleyan College and Southeastern Community College, Mount Pleasant Campus. Our local hospital, Henry County Health Center, has been recognized on the state and national level for its exceptional programs and services, including "Top 100 Hospital," and "2007 Most Wired." Mount Pleasant is also home to the Midwest Old Threshers Reunion and Midwest Central Railroad's Ghost Train and North Pole Express. The community offers a diverse business base including 18 large industries that do everything from plastic molding to building fireplaces. And don't forget our charming and historic downtown square, filled with old buildings and cool businesses! The citizens of Mount Pleasant are proud of the city projects that have been completed in the last decade including a new high school, aquatic center, library and civic center, and middle school renovation. Whether you are considering Mount Pleasant for a visit or a permanent relocation, we can't wait to welcome you!Living and Practicing in Iowa
- Iowa is the second happiest state in the nation according to MainStreet.com's new Happiness Index. The index is based on household income, debt, employment and foreclosures.
- Iowa is ranked 5th as one of the most livable states in the country according to CQ Press (2008)
- Iowa ranks No. 2 of states with the most golf courses per capita. Iowa has nearly 13 golf courses for every 100,000 people; Arizona has about five golf courses per 100,000 people.
- Iowa was named the 6th-best place to raise a child by the Annie E. Casey Foundation in 2009. California was 22; Florida, 36; Georgia, 42; Nevada, 39; and Arizona, 40
- Iowa has been named one of the eight "smartest states" in the country based on the quality of its public elementary and secondary schools.
- Iowa is the #1 state in the nation in the proportion of students (74%) who have received a score high enough to earn college credit on an Advanced Placement exam?
- Iowa's ACT college entrance examination scores are among the top 2 out of the 25 states where the ACT is the primary college entrance exam taken