Henry Ford Allegiance Health
Henry Ford Allegiance Health is a community-owned and locally-governed health system. We are proudly entering our 10th decade of serving the people of south central Michigan with local, high-quality health care.We partnered with the Henry Ford Health System in April 2016.
We staff our facilities with exceptional, caring professionals who are dedicated to the health and well-being of the communities we serve. Comprised of more than 40 different facilities, our system reaches residents of Jackson, Hillsdale, Lenawee, Ingham, Calhoun and Washtenaw counties and beyond.
At Henry Ford Allegiance Health, we believe our community is best served by having the most advanced medical services combined with a progressive philosophy of overall wellness. Together, these two approaches will help our community become the healthiest in Michigan – our vision.
A few highlights of our health system include:
- Service in the Jackson area since 1918.
- A 411-bed system with a full range of inpatient and outpatient services.
- More than 400 physicians and 3,700 staff members.
- Brand new Level II trauma center (2014)
- New, state-of-the-art surgery facilities.
- A 20-bed cardiac universal bed unit for treating heart surgery patients.
- An outpatient surgery center for same-day procedures.
- A new hospice residence
- A new emergency department with over 83,000 visits per year.
- Primary health services for the under-served, regardless of their ability to pay, through the Center for Family Health.
Living in Jackson, MI
This beautiful slice of south-central Michigan is rich in American history and scenic wonder throughout the seasons. We have an abundance of lakes, parks and vineyards. Our community makes the most of these assets, enjoying outdoor activities, arts and cultural events, sports and festivals.
In Jackson, it’s easy to find work-life balance. This is a place where you can get in a morning of golf, an afternoon family hike in the park and a night at the symphony – all within just a few miles of your home and work.
Whether you are looking for an urban rental, a lakeside suburban neighborhood or an historic estate, you’ll find the right home in Jackson. The area also offers a wide variety of excellent public, private and parochial schools. The University of Michigan and Michigan State University are both about 35 minutes away.
Because Jackson is located at the crossroads of several major highways, you can enjoy world-class shopping, dining and cultural events in nearby Ann Arbor, Detroit, Chicago and other cities. And you’ll always be happy to come home to beautiful Jackson County.
Jackson’s attractions include:
- 188 lakes and dozens of parks
- 22 public golf courses
- Jackson Symphony Orchestra
- Ella Sharp Museum of Art and History
- Peter F. Hurst Planetarium
- Michigan International Speedway
- Jackson Community College, Baker College and Spring Arbor University
- Festivals: Blues, Hot Air Balloon, Shakespeare, Wine, Rose and Civil War