Holzer Center for Cancer Care
The Holzer Center for Cancer Care
Known for its quality personalized care, our highly trained staff employs current methods and technologies to treat cancer. Since opening in March 2005, the Holzer Center for Cancer Care has offered advanced, personalized care close to home for residents of Gallia County and the Mid-Ohio Valley. In 2014 we became affiliated with the Ohio State University James Cancer Hospital. We are proud to offer the TrueBeam Linear Accelerator.
Medical oncology services include an infusion area for chemotherapy with 12 bays and two private bays for treatment. Our Healing Garden provides a peaceful area for patients and their families, including a walking labyrinth, a reflecting pool, and benches for rest and meditation.
Holzer Health System
Come and practice quality medicine in state of the art facilities while living in an area that is characterized as much by its friendly people and strong values as by its picturesque charm and breathtaking scenery. With all our employees, physicians and high-level service in one system, the Holzer family’s mission to achieve patient-centered excellence is truly a way of life.
- Holzer is a multiple discipline healthcare system of over 160 providers in more than 30 areas of expertise.
- Providing care in 13 locations throughout southeastern Ohio and western West Virginia, Holzer is proud to be an advanced technology health care system, caring for our friends and neighbors.
- Our primary service area covers seven (7) counties: six (6) in Ohio and one (1) in West Virginia, with a population base of over 300,000 and annual ambulatory visits exceeding 500,000.
- We have two hospitals within our health system: one in Gallipolis, Ohio, which is licensed for 266 beds and is designated by the Federal Government as a Rural Referral Center and the other, a 24-bed Critical Access Hospital located in Jackson, Ohio.
- In 2015 we will be offering Holzer’s first Graduate Medical Education Program in the specialty of Family Practice.
Holzer is positioned along the rolling hills of the scenic Ohio River Valley.
- Our locations are geographically rich and diverse, boasting many artistic, cultural and historic attractions.
- We are centrally located where a short drive can get you to metropolitan areas or to some of the best skiing and whitewater rafting in the eastern United States.
- Golfing, kayaking, hiking, cycling, boating and mountain biking are just some of the most popular outdoor activities.
- We have two major universities in our area – Ohio University in Athens, Ohio and Marshall University in Huntington, West Virginia.
- In addition, the University of Rio Grande is a comprehensive university providing a quality liberal arts education as well as boasting the Holzer School of Nursing, and includes a post-secondary option where area students can obtain college credits while still in high school.
- There are numerous primary education opportunities within several school districts in the areas.