Holzer Health System - Jackson
For over 100 years, the Holzer name has been woven into the fabric of our community. We are the largest, strongest healthcare system serving south central Ohio into West Virginia and Kentucky.
Come practice quality medicine in state of the art facilities while living in an area that is characterized as much by its friendly people and strong values as by its picturesque charm and breathtaking scenery. Holzer Health System provides unparalleled access to leading technology. With all our employees, physicians, and high-level service in one system, the Holzer family’s mission to achieve patient-centered excellence is truly a way of life.
Today, Holzer is a regional health system with…
- Over 160 providers
- More than 30 areas of expertise
- 13 locations throughout southeastern Ohio and western West Virginia
- Primary service area covering 7 counties: 6 in Ohio and 1 in West Virginia
- Population base of over 300,000
- Annual ambulatory visits exceeding 500,000
- Two hospitals within our system:
- Holzer Medical Center – Gallipolis, licensed for 266 beds and is designated by the Federal Government as a Rural Referral Center
- Holzer Medical center – Jackson, a 24-bed Critical Access Hospital
- 2 Assisted Living facilities
- Home Care, Extra Care, and Hospice Services
- Graduate Medical Education in Family Practice
Jackson County, Ohio...offers the peace and tranquility of a rural setting and the climate everyone would love to call “home”. This community boasts the unique charms of smaller towns; low crime, affordable cost of living, and good schools for your kids while still offering city amenities. You'll find unique restaurants, breweries, shopping and more! If you love the outdoors; hiking, skiing, boating, and golfing is right in our backyard. The county is one of the state’s premier hunting and fishing areas, along with many festivals and fairs.