Holzer Health System - Liberty Circle
About Lawrence County, Ohio
Amidst a scenic landscape of hills and valleys in Ohio’s most southern point sits Lawrence County, Ohio. The county is located along the beautiful Ohio River and is situated in the heart of the Ohio, Kentucky, and West Virginia tri-state region.
The county offers many advantages for both families and industries. The total population for the county is 62,900. The Wayne National Forest is located here and is enjoyed by both tourists and county residents. The national forest offers wonderful nature activities and is home to some of the most interesting relics of the area’s vigorous industrial past.
Partly due to its location and partly due to its trained workforce, Lawrence County has become a leader in business and industry, and also offers a superb quality of life. The public schools enjoy a reputation for excellence in both academic and extra-curricular pursuits. Outdoor enthusiasts can enjoy boating, kayaking, camping, and hiking. Cultural activities as well as a full calendar of community events, stimulate the area with diversity.
For over 100 years, the Holzer name has been woven into the fabric of our community.
Come practice quality medicine in state-of-the-art facilities while living in an area that is characterized as much by its friendly people and strong values, as by its picturesque charm and breathtaking scenery. Holzer employs over 2,500 people and provides unparalleled access to leading technology.
Together we are Holzer, the largest, strongest healthcare system serving south central Ohio into West Virginia and Kentucky.
Today, Holzer is a regional health system with…
- Over 170 providers in more than 30 medical specialties
- Multiple clinical locations including; a dental care facility, long term care entities, home care and hospice services
- Annual ambulatory visits exceeding 500,000
- 2 full-service hospitals:
- Holzer Medical Center – Gallipolis, licensed for 266 beds and is designated by the Federal Government as a Rural Referral Center
- Holzer Medical center – Jackson, a 24-bed Critical Access Hospital
- Three emergency departments and seven urgent care clinics
- Specialized services include; Holzer Center for Cancer Care, Holzer Cardiovascular Institute, and Holzer Center for Wound Care
- Graduate Medical Education and Family Practice Residency Program