Holzer Health System - Meigs
Meigs County, Ohio - a family-friendly hometown, nestled along 56 miles of Ohio River shoreline; located halfway between Cincinnati and Pittsburgh, with something for everyone. Meigs County is full of opportunities for outdoor enthusiasts, music lovers, locavores, and historians. If you enjoy the river, then plan a trip to experience any one of our summer-long festivals held along the river in Pomeroy. From the Big Bend Blues Bash to the Sternwheel Festival, Meigs County summers are loaded with fun, food, and music on the river. Check out a great video about us: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Qz67OHJ38o&t=28s
For over 100 years, the Holzer name has been woven into the fabric of our community.
Come practice quality medicine in state-of-the-art facilities while living in an area that is characterized as much by its friendly people and strong values, as by its picturesque charm and breathtaking scenery. Holzer employs over 2,500 people and provides unparalleled access to leading technology.
Together we are Holzer, the largest, strongest healthcare system serving south central Ohio into West Virginia and Kentucky.
Today, Holzer is a regional health system with…
- Over 170 providers in more than 30 medical specialties
- Multiple clinical locations including; a dental care facility, long term care entities, home care and hospice services
- Annual ambulatory visits exceeding 500,000
- 2 full-service hospitals:
- Holzer Medical Center – Gallipolis, licensed for 266 beds and is designated by the Federal Government as a Rural Referral Center
- Holzer Medical center – Jackson, a 24-bed Critical Access Hospital
- Three emergency departments and seven urgent care clinics
- Specialized services include; Holzer Center for Cancer Care, Holzer Cardiovascular Institute, and Holzer Center for Wound Care
- Graduate Medical Education and Family Practice Residency Program