Jackson County, Ohio... the crossroads of small town life and economic development, history and outdoor recreation and beautiful southern Ohio. Jackson County offers the peace and tranquility of a rural setting and the climate everyone would love to call “home” yet is located within two hours of five major cities and seven interstate highways, almost all of them four-lanes. The county has over 100 active civic organizations, several community parks and athletic facilities, pools, medical facilities and three top-rated school districts and has three four-year universities within 40 miles of its borders.
Holzer Health System
Come and practice quality medicine in state of the art facilities while living in an area that is characterized as much by its friendly people and strong values as by its picturesque charm and breathtaking scenery. With all our employees, physicians and high-level service in one system, the Holzer family’s mission to achieve patient-centered excellence is truly a way of life.
- Holzer is a multiple discipline healthcare system of over 160 providers in more than 30 areas of expertise.
- Providing care in 13 locations throughout southeastern Ohio and western West Virginia, Holzer is proud to be an advanced technology health care system, caring for our friends and neighbors.
- Our primary service area covers seven (7) counties: six (6) in Ohio and one (1) in West Virginia, with a population base of over 300,000 and annual ambulatory visits exceeding 500,000.
- We have two hospitals within our health system: one in Gallipolis, Ohio, which is licensed for 266 beds and is designated by the Federal Government as a Rural Referral Center and the other, a 24-bed Critical Access Hospital located in Jackson, Ohio.
- In 2015 we will be offering Holzer’s first Graduate Medical Education Program in the specialty of Family Practice.
- We have two major universities in our area – Ohio University in Athens, Ohio and Marshall University in Huntington, West Virginia.
- In addition, the University of Rio Grande is a comprehensive university providing a quality liberal arts education as well as boasting the Holzer School of Nursing, and includes a post-secondary option where area students can obtain college credits while still in high school.
- There are numerous primary education opportunities within several school districts in the areas.