IHSC Federal facility Taylor Texas
If you are a first-time visitor to Taylor Texas we want to help you find everything you need to enjoy your visit.. Discover Taylor's modern and historical lodging options, welcoming Bed & Breakfast's, the Governor Dan Moody Museum, the quaint shops in the Main Street shopping district, family events and world famous barbecue restaurants. Taylor offers several different cuisine options and is renowned for its Texas BBQ and authentic offerings of Czech Bakeries, Peruvian, Latin and Mexican foods and local favorites.
STG International is accepting resumes of qualified candidates for the Staff Physician position to work full-time providing medical care to detainees in custody in support of ICE Health Service Corps at the T. Don Hutto Immigration and Customs Enforcement Medical Facility at Taylor, Texas.
The ICE Health Services Corps (IHSC) exists within the organizational structure of the United
States Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE), Enforcement and Removal Operations
(ERO) under the supervision of the Department of Homeland Security (DHS). The United States
Public Health Service (USPHS) Commissioned Corps Officers, civil service staff and contractors comprise the healthcare professionals working together to provide quality healthcare services.
IHSC serves as the medical experts for ICE for detainee health care.
IHSC’s mission is to provide medical care to maintain the health of individuals in the custody of
ICE through an integrated health care delivery system, based on nationally recognized correctional, detention and residential health care standards. The Agency is committed to providing healthcare services to protect the nation’s health, reduce global disease and provide medical support for the law enforcement mission of the safe apprehension, enforcement and removal of detained individuals involved in immigration proceedings. IHSC is committed to ensuring a system of care that is ethical, responsible, and accountable through rigorous surveillance and monitoring activities.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILTIES:
- Serves as the on-site medical authority within the scope of services provided by IHSC.
- Clinical supervisory authority over mid-level providers as well as the nursing staff and pharmacy.
- Responsible for developing and coordinating all aspects of healthcare delivery at his/her assigned facility.
- Provides direct care to patients within discipline Scope of Practice and performs functions in accordance with current accepted practice, licensure, certification, credentialing and or granted privileges.
- Provides treatment of persons throughout the life span as appropriate to discipline and facility setting.
- Conducts physical assessments, initial and follow-up assessments for acute and chronic medical condition.
- Assures appropriate diagnostic and therapeutic tests and services are available, utilized and monitored.
- Acts as initial reviewer for all outside referrals/consults to specialty services not offered at the local facility.
- If a Medical Health Unit is onsite, conducts daily rounds on patients.
- May be expected to respond to and or coordinate response to medical emergencies.
- Seeks guidance from the IHSC Medical Director, Associate Medical Director, Regional
- Clinical Directors or other IHSC senior leadership as appropriate.
- Serves as chairperson of local performance improvement and pharmacy and therapeutics committee.
- Performs record keeping functions in accordance with program policies and position.
- Maintains functional proficiency and ease of use utilizing electronic health records as required by, and appropriate to, position.
- Completes and passes all discipline specific competencies testing, initially and annually.
- Completes all initial, annual and ad hoc training as required/assigned.
- Maintains patient confidentiality, and confidentiality of medical records, in compliance with the Privacy Act and HIPAA regulations in all work activities.
- Adheres to, and maintains awareness of, IHSC Policies, Procedures, Directives, Operational Memoranda and accreditation standards as prescribed by ICE/IHSC.
- Adheres to, and participates in, IHSC’s Safety, Prevention, Infection and Control, Quality
- Improvement, Patient Education and other programs and collateral duties as appropriate to position.
- Attends and participates in general/medical staff meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Degree issuing institution and or program must be accredited by an entity recognized by the U.S.
Department of Education
- Doctor of Medicine or Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine from a school in the United States or,
- Doctor of Medicine or equivalent degree from a foreign medical school that provided education and medical knowledge substantially equivalent to accredited schools in the United States as established by:
- The National Committee on Foreign Medical Education and Accreditation (NCFMEA) and
- permanent certification by the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical
- Graduates (ECFMG).
- Minimum of one year experience as a licensed physician.
- Current, full, and unrestricted license to practice medicine in the state in which the duty station is located. The license must be maintained in a permanent, full, and unrestricted status during the term of employment. Any changes to licensure must be reported to employer immediately.
- Current Board certification in an appropriate primary care specialty (internal medicine, family medicine, emergency medicine) by an American Board of Medical Specialists (ABMS) or American Osteopathic Association (AOA) approved board
- Candidates not board certified at the time of hiring must be presented to the IHSC Medical Director for concurrence.
- This position requires privileging by IHSC.
- Maintains BLS for Healthcare Providers® certification through the American Heart Association.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Expert knowledge of the clinical medicine and the current standards of practice.
- Ability and proficiency to serve as a clinical expert in the provision of technical assistance and consultation, and management of clinically oriented staff.
- Ability and proficiency to properly use equipment, materials and supplies in simple diagnostic and treatment procedures.
- Ability to provide input for congressional inquiries and to effectively communicate with
- Federal Agencies and other organizations as indicated.
- Mastery of managerial and administrative practices, to include expertise in routine management of ambulatory clinic functioning and responsibilities.
- High degree of independence, initiative, clinical judgment, and follow-through on a wide range of sensitive, complex, and clinical issues.
- Teaching experience acknowledging a level of expertise and capacity for developing and accessing clinical educational programs.
- Knowledge of issues confronting the healthcare delivery system, including specific problems and concerns of special population groups.
- Knowledge of program policies and guidelines, and operating procedures relating to healthcare delivery systems.
- Knowledge of organizations and responsibilities of all levels of government operations.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural and multi-lingual environment.
- Ability to utilize telephonic interpreter/translation services to complete assigned duties if not fluent in a language the patient understands.
- Ability to adapt to sudden changes in schedules and flexibility in work requirements.
- Ability to communicate proficiently in English (verbal and written) in order to develop positive rapport with patients, co-workers and other stakeholders.
- Ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships in a multidisciplinary environment.
- Ability to navigate in an electronic work environment including electronic health records, web based training and communications.
- Knowledge of, and moderate proficiency in, common Microsoft Office programs, specifically Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and SharePoint.
- Knowledge of regulations (HIPAA/Privacy Act) regarding the confidentiality of patient medical records and information as well as Personally Identifiable Information (PII).
- IHSC operates 24/7/365; this position is required to respond during an emergency activation.
- This full time position is required to be available telephonically and/or to report to the facility during non-core hours.
- The Department of Homeland Security’s Personnel Security Unit (PSU) must render a Preliminary Favorable Fitness Determination to be considered a qualified candidate.
- A Complete Favorable Fitness Determination must be rendered by PSU upon completion of initial and subsequent background investigations to meet the requirements of this position.
- Required to walk unaided at a normal pace for up to 10 minutes and maintain balance.
- Required to respond to any medical emergency within 4 minutes, where a fast walk or jog may be necessary to provide assistance.
- Required to perform CPR/emergency care standing or kneeling.
- Must have the ability to assist sick, injured or aging detainees or staff exiting the building during an emergency (may require lifting, dragging, wheeling or carrying someone who weighs significantly more than self).
- Must be able to see, hear and smell with or without the use of aides if necessary (exceptions on a case by case basis).
- Must easily alternate between kneeling and standing.
- Must be able to lift, push, or carry 30 pounds.
- Must perform the duties in a stressful and often austere environment without physical limitations.
- Must be capable of standing on hard services (cement floors) for long periods of time.
This is a contract position and supervisory controls will be set forth by the Contractor. Technical oversight will be provided by the Government Technical Monitor (GTM).
STG International, Inc (STGi) is a workforce solutions company providing comprehensive healthcare delivery, Head Start and management consulting services and human capital solutions help our clients. Our services and solutions help our clients sustain and enhance their operations to better accomplish their mission.
STGi offers a competitive benefits package which includes Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k with company match and a generous PTO policy.