IU Health Fort Wayne
"At Indiana University Health Fort Wayne, our No. 1 mission has been to increase access to care and improve the health of residents in northeast Indiana.
We began through building a foundation of primary care physicians throughout our community. Starting with one physician a little over a year ago, we've now hired nearly 20, many new to our community, who now call Fort Wayne home. This represents about a 20% increase in primary care physicians in Allen County in less than two years, which provides near-immediate access for patients. Since opening our offices on Engle Road in 2018, we now have locations on Lima Road, Auburn Park Drive and construction under way on Stellhorn while we explore ways to increase access to care and improve the health in southeast Fort Wayne. We've announced construction of a surgical center in southwest Fort Wayne that will align IU Health Fort Wayne with more than 10 surgical specialties.
As part of the state's largest health care system, we are blessed to have access to the full resources of Indiana University Health, including the expertise and experience of our 33,000 colleagues serving other communities around the state. Our local providers and staff are passionately committed to affecting the health of our region and hope to work together with Parkview Health, Lutheran Health Network and community groups to have a positive impact on some of the most significant health issues in our region, including infant mortality, smoking rates, obesity, diabetes and the opioid crisis. We are grateful for the overwhelming support and appreciation we have received from the Fort Wayne community and look forward to continuing our mission of increasing access to world-class health care."
President, IU Health Fort Wayne
- Fort Wayne is Indiana's 2nd largest city and boasts one of the lowest cost of living areas in the nation
- The city is home to 82+ miles of beautiful trails circling a vibrant, eclectic downtown area surrounded by 3 rivers
- From Broadway theatre shows, one of the nation's top zoos, to beautiful museums - the city has something to satisfy a wide array of interests.
- Conveniently located to major metro areas of Indianapolis, Chicago, and Detroit, in addition, a short drive to access the beautiful beaches of Lake Michigan and wine country
- Top-tier school systems - both private and public options
- Voted #1 city to raise a family in the US by Smartasset.com