Indiana University Health Southern Indiana Physicians is a multi-specialty physician group based in Bloomington, Indiana. Our physicians and advanced practice providers are dedicated to providing quality care to south central Indiana.
As part of Indiana University Health, Southern Indiana Physicians is a part of Indiana’s most comprehensive healthcare system. And, our unique partnership with Indiana University School of Medicine, one of the nation’s leading medical schools, gives patients access to innovative treatments and therapies.
Southern Indiana is home to three hospitals & one ambulatory care center; it offers comprehensive care to our patients at IU Health Bloomington Hospital, IU Health Bedford Hospital, IU Health Paoli Hospital, & IU Health Morgan. As part of Indiana’s largest health system, IU Health Southern Indiana Physicians partners with the Indiana University School of Medicine to provide world-class treatment of complex diseases:
- Our unique partnership with the IU School of Medicine allows patient access to innovative treatments and therapies
- Second-largest physician group with IU Health, with over 50 practices and employing around 350 providers, serving a population close to 400,000
- Currently building a new, state-of-the-art Regional Academic Health Center, opening in 2021
With a continued commitment and a bold approach to diversity and inclusion, we are the place where many voices and perspectives come together to improve the health of our communities today and in the future.
IU Health Southern Indiana Physicians is proud to offer resident and fellow stipends and loan forgiveness, subject to eligibility, as well as career and leadership opportunities.
Living in Bloomington:
Bloomington, Indiana is a progressive college town with the perfect blend of charm and culture. A community that prides itself not only on education and diversity, Bloomington has a robust arts and cultural scene including an officially designated cultural arts district (BEAD).
Residents of Bloomington enjoy not only energetic college town amenities but peaceful lakes and outdoor adventure.
- Named one of Livability's Top 100 Best Places to Live in 2020
- Vibrant downtown: arts, theaters, museums and concerts
- Close proximity to top ranked international airport: "Best Airport in North America" eight consecutive years
- Home of Big 10 conference member, Indiana University
- Lively nightlife, award winning wineries, shopping and unique dining
- Home to Indiana's only National Forest and Lake Monroe
- Active lifestyle including collegiate sports, boating, hiking, golfing, fishing and skiing
- 45 minutes to Indianapolis, 90 minutes to Louisville and easy access to Cincinnati and Chicago