Indiana University Health is Indiana’s most comprehensive healthcare system. IU Health’s unique partnership with the nation’s second largest medical school, Indiana University School of Medicine, offers innovative treatments and therapies and remains a global leader in medical education and research.
Comprised of hospitals, physicians and allied services dedicated to providing preeminent care throughout Indiana and beyond, IU Health is honored to be recognized in such high distinctions.
- Indiana's only healthcare system to be nationally ranked by U.S. News & World Report 23 years in a row
- Indiana University Health is one of the largest employers in Indiana
- Three clinical program ranked among the top 50 national programs in the U.S. News & World Report's 2020-21 edition of America's Best Hospitals
- Riley Hospital for Children at IU Health nationally ranked in 10 pediatric specialties by U.S. News & World Report
- Six hospitals designated as Magnet® hospital systems by the American Nurses Credentialing Center, reflecting the highest standards for its nursing professionalism, teamwork and superiority in patient care.
A private, nonprofit organization, Indiana University Health owns, or is affiliated with, more than 20 hospitals and health centers throughout Indiana. More than half of the physicians affiliated with the IU School of Medicine practice, supervise, and teach residents and fellows at one of Indiana University Health's hospitals.
No organization in Indiana is ranked higher or offers more highly ranked physicians than Indiana University Health. With exceptional care, unmatched expertise and continued excellence, our patients and families know that they're making an excellent choice in selecting Indiana University Health as their premier healthcare system of choice.
With a continued commitment and a bold approach to diversity and inclusion, we are the place where many voices and perspectives come together to improve the health of our communities today and in the future.
IU Health is proud to offer resident and fellow stipends and loan forgiveness, subject to eligibility, as well as career and leadership opportunities.
Indiana University Health, Indiana University Health Physicians and Indiana University School of Medicine are EOE/AA Employers, M/F/D.
Living in Indiana:
Indiana offers a perfect blend of amenities to ensure that providers and their families are making the right choice when calling Indiana home. From big-city entertainment to small-town serenity, there is something for everyone in Indiana.
- Low cost of living, paired with wonderful communities
- Carmel, Fort Wayne, Eagle Creek, Westfield, & Fishers are among Money magazine's Best Places to Live in America
- World-class sports: home to the Indianapolis Colts (NFL), Indiana Pacers (NBA), Indiana Fever (WNBA), Indianapolis Indians (MiLB), Indianapolis 500, and several minor league (hockey, soccer) and college sports teams
- Top-rated international airport - "Best Airport in North America" eight consecutive years
- Proud to include Ball State University, Butler University, Indiana University, University of Notre Dame and Purdue University among its many institutions of higher education & top-ranked school systems
- Extraordinary performing arts venues, museums (including the top-ranked children's museum), zoos and festivals
- Explore golfing, hiking, biking, camping, boating, skiing and zip lining