Indiana University School of Medicine
The Indiana University School of Medicine has nine campuses across Indiana: Bloomington, Evansville, Ft. Wayne, Gary, Indianapolis, Lafayette, Muncie, South Bend, Terre Haute.
- IU School of Medicine educates the second largest medical student body in the U.S.
- IU School of Medicine student body represents 54 of the 92 Indiana counties and 91 colleges and universities.
- IU faculty has performed many “firsts” in Indiana including transplants of the kidney, liver, cornea, bone marrow, pancreas, and infant and newborn hearts.
- Approximately half of Indiana’s physicians received all or some of their education at the IU School of Medicine.
- IU School of Medicine has more than 60 clinical departments and specialty divisions.
- Nearly half of IU School of Medicine graduates accept instate residencies.
- Nearly 40 percent of IU School of Medicine graduates enter primary care specialties.
- Indiana University Health is one of the largest employers in Indiana
Indiana University Health, Indiana University Health Physicians and Indiana University School of Medicine are EOE/AA Employers, M/F/D.
Indianapolis, Indiana, the 17th largest U.S. city, is a sophisticated city blending charm and culture with a wonderful balance of business and leisure. Residents of this dynamic city enjoy:
- Leading educational system and top-ranked universities paired with a diverse population
- Vibrant downtown offering arts, theaters, world-class museums, zoo, aquarium, concerts and memorials
- Top ranked international airport; "Best Airport in North America" eight consecutive years
- Lively nightlife, local wineries, retail, and cuisine with local flavors
- Historic neighborhoods with surrounding cultural districts and low cost of living
- "Best Places to Live in America" according to Money in 2017 included Fishers, IN at number one, Carmel at number 16, Avon at number 17 and Greenwood at number 22.
- Collegiate and professional sports, golfing, boating and unique parks
- Home of the Colts (NFL), Fever (WNBA), Pacers (NBA), Indians (MiLB), Indianapolis 500 (IndyCar), Indy Eleven (NASL), NCAA and USTA Midwest
- Nation's largest half marathon (OneAmerica Mini-Marathon) and winner of the National Biking Award
- Close proximity to Chicago, St. Louis and Cincinnati