The Indiana University School of Medicine has nine campuses across Indiana: Bloomington, Evansville, Ft. Wayne, Gary, Indianapolis, Lafayette, Muncie, South Bend, Terre Haute.
- IU School of Medicine educates the second largest medical student body in the U.S.
- IU School of Medicine student body represents 54 of the 92 Indiana counties and 91 colleges and universities.
- IU faculty has performed many “firsts” in Indiana including transplants of the kidney, liver, cornea, bone marrow, pancreas, and infant and newborn hearts.
- Approximately half of Indiana’s physicians received all or some of their education at the IU School of Medicine.
- IU School of Medicine has more than 60 clinical departments and specialty divisions.
- Nearly half of IU School of Medicine graduates accept instate residencies.
- Nearly 40 percent of IU School of Medicine graduates enter primary care specialties.
- Indiana University Health is one of the largest employers in Indiana
With a continued commitment and a bold approach to diversity and inclusion, we are the place where many voices and perspectives come together to improve the health of our communities today and in the future.
Indiana University Health, Indiana University Health Physicians and Indiana University School of Medicine are EOE/AA Employers, M/F/D.
Indianapolis, Indiana, the 17th largest U.S. city, is a sophisticated city blending charm and culture with a wonderful balance of business and leisure. Residents of this dynamic city enjoy:
- Leading educational system and top-ranked universities paired with a diverse population
- Vibrant downtown offering arts, theaters, world-class museums, zoo, aquarium, concerts and memorials
- Top ranked international airport; "Best Airport in North America" eight consecutive years
- Lively nightlife, local wineries, retail, and cuisine with local flavors
- Historic neighborhoods with surrounding cultural districts and low cost of living
- "Best Places to Live in America" according to Money in 2017 included Fishers, IN at number one, Carmel at number 16, Avon at number 17 and Greenwood at number 22.
- Collegiate and professional sports, golfing, boating and unique parks
- Home of the Colts (NFL), Fever (WNBA), Pacers (NBA), Indians (MiLB), Indianapolis 500 (IndyCar), Indy Eleven (NASL), NCAA and USTA Midwest
- Nation's largest half marathon (OneAmerica Mini-Marathon) and winner of the National Biking Award
- Close proximity to Chicago, St. Louis and Cincinnati