Jay County Health Partners
Jay County Hospital has been in Portland for more than 100 years and is dedicated to providing quality care. Jay County Hospital is a critical access hospital that provides comprehensive care, from diagnosis to recovery, and offers a full range of services including emergency, obstetrics, medical and surgical subspecialties.
Jay County Hospital is your progressive, comprehensive trusted health care leader dedicated to improving the health of all we serve, providing excellent, compassionate and cost effective care.
Portland, Indiana is rural community located in East Central Indiana. The community offers diversity in economic development, employment and education along with affordable housing.
- A beautiful downtown provides unique shopping in the many historic buildings and also offers a deeper look at the city’s past history
- Many family parks offer relaxing afternoons and invigorating recreation
- The Arts Place is the premier community arts facility of the region which includes a theatre, art galleries, classrooms and studios and is also home of the “Landscape’s Legacy”, a one-of-a-kind tile relief mural
- Fun community events take place in the summer such as the Tri-State Gas Engine Show – the world’s largest, a Vintage Bike Show – the nation’s largest, and the Annual Gathering of the Great Lakes Nations Pow Wow – which celebrates the Native American culture and history through traditional demonstrations including drums, dances, and displays of Native American items
- 50 minutes to Ft. Wayne, 90 minutes to Indianapolis, and 150 minutes to Chicago