Kaua‘i Medical Clinic
About Wilcox Medical Center & Kaua‘i Medical Clinic:
Wilcox Health, which comprises Wilcox Medical Center and Kaua‘i Medical Clinic, is part of Hawai‘i Pacific Health, one of the state’s largest health care systems.
Founded in 1938, Wilcox Medical Center is a not-for-profit medical center dedicated to providing the Kaua‘i community with accessible quality health care. The largest medical center on Kaua‘i, it is a state-of-the-art acute care facility with a full suite of services offering 30 specialties and programs, including cardiology, emergency, family practice, gastroenterology, health management, internal medicine, neurology, OB-GYN, oncology, orthopedics, pediatrics and urology. Its 20-bed emergency department serves as the island’s Primary Stroke Center. The medical center also has four birthing suites, seven intensive care beds and 20 same-day surgery beds. Wilcox is the first American College of Surgeons-verified Level III Trauma Center in the state of Hawai‘i.
Kaua‘i Medical Clinic is the island’s largest clinic and only multispecialty medical group. Nearly 100 physicians and midlevel providers offer primary and specialty care at clinic locations in ‘Ele‘ele, Kapa‘a, Ko-loa and Līhu‘e. Kaua‘i Medical Clinic also offers an Urgent Care Clinic in Līhu‘e that is open from 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday-Sunday. Learn more at WilcoxHealth.org.
The mission of Wilcox Health is to create a healthier Hawai‘i.
• Healthgrades 2019 Five-Star Recipient for the Treatment of Heart Attack.
• Healthgrades 2019 Five-Star Recipient for the Treatment of Stroke.
• 2018 American Heart Association recognition:
- Get With The Guidelines-Stroke Gold Plus/Target Stroke Elite Plus.
• BCBS Blue Distinction + in Maternity Care.
• Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services 4 Star Hospital Award.
• Main Līhu‘e Clinic offering 30 specialties and programs.
• ‘Ele‘ele Clinic - Family Practice.
• Kapa‘a Clinic - Family Practice, visiting OB-GYN specialists, visiting cardiologists.
• Kaua‘i Urgent Care Clinic.
• Ko-loa Clinic - Family Practice.
• Tad Jackson, MD, Chair of the Wilcox Board
• Robert Wotring II, MD, Chair of the Kaua‘i Medical Clinic Board
• Ray Vara, President & Chief Executive Officer of Hawai‘i Pacific Health
• Jen Chahanovich, President & Chief Executive Officer of Wilcox Medical Center, and Chief Executive Officer of Kaua‘i Medical Clinic
• Amy Corliss, MD, Chief of Staff for Wilcox Medical Center
• Geri Young, MD, Chief Medical Officer for Kaua‘i Medical Clinic
A Not-for-Profit Organization
Wilcox Medical Center and Kaua‘i Medical Clinic are part of Hawai‘i Pacific Health, a not-for-profit health care system. Wilcox Medical Center raises funds through Wilcox Health Foundation in order to provide the people of Kaua‘i with specialty medical care, life-saving services, community outreach and education, and to further local research.