Kaweah Delta Health Care District plays a significant role in the health and well-being of California's great Central Valley.For more than 40 years, we have provided a wide array of state-of-the-art and nationally recognized services.
Kaweah Delta Health Care District has 3800+ employees and 225+ physicians on staff. The District, as a whole, currently operates 581 beds but more are on the way. We offer state of the art facilities including a 452 bed regional medical center, a regional cancer center, a regional heart center, outpatient imaging center, 2 dialysis units, SNF, assisted living facility, Alzheimer’s center, rehabilitation hospital, mental health hospital, hospice services, home health and outpatient surgery center.
We offer tremendous IT infrastructure with a completely wireless hospital, Inpatient EMR, and FUJI PACS capabilities.These services are available in the hospital, in your office, and in your home.Our medical service area is over 500,000 and we are a Level III trauma center.More technology can be seen in the MAK pharmacy project, Drager Telemetry system, 64 slice CT, EVO and D'Vinci robotics technology.The hospital is dedicated to technological advancement.
Graduate Medical Education - Kaweah Delta Health Care District is home to 5 residency programs: Family Medicine, Emergency Medicine, Psychiatry, General Surgery and Transitional Year. All residencies are affiliated with UC Irvine.
Kaweah Delta Rehabilitation Hospital is a 68,000 square foot, facility that includes a 45-bed acute inpatient rehabilitation unit and 16-bed orthopedic short stay unit. This facility is specifically designed to provide progressive, personalized care as part of a complete continuum of rehabilitation.
- CARF accreditation since 1993, including specialty accreditation in stroke and amputee care
- Major diagnoses include stroke, brain injury, spinal cord injury, amputation, cardiac, orthopedic, major trauma
- Clinical outcomes exceed or comparable to national benchmarks.
- Patient satisfaction in the top 25% nationally
- Significant percentage of clinical staff with specialty certifications such as CRRN and Neuro-IFRAH. Staff and leadership with significant tenure and experience.
- Part of a comprehensive continuum of care provided by Kaweah Delta Health Care District including home health, skilled nursing, outpatient cardiac and pulmonary rehabilitation, comprehensive Wound Clinic
- Provider of choice for area physicians, including from District surgery programs in neurosurgery, cardiac and orthopedic surgery.
- Functionally focused short term rehabilitation services, primarily for post-operative elective orthopedic patients requiring therapy services in order to return home safely
- Allows referring physicians and case managers to access rehabilitation services with one call. Nurse liaisons facilitate determination as to eligibility for either short stay or acute rehabilitation.
- Typical diagnoses include hip and knee replacement, spinal surgery, simple trauma, post-surgical debilitation
Known as the Crown Jewel of the San Joaquin Valley, Visalia is centrally located between Los Angeles and San Francisco.The cost of living may be small town, but the cultural amenities are big city.Our community of Visalia is 130,000 people and is the county seat for Tulare County which recently reached 435,000. Living in Visalia you will find:
- 300+ Days Of Sunshine/No Humidity/No Tornados/No Hurricanes/No Earthquakes
- 40 Minutes to PF Chang's, Ruth Chris, Cheesecake Factory, etc
- Affordable Housing - Gated Communities/Ranches/Horse Property/Lots/Acreage
- Shop-All The Box Stores/Large Mall/Large Outlet Mall/Largest Costco in CA
- 2 Certified Farmers Market/Symphony/Theater/Art/Antiques…
- Dining- Over 100 Restaurants In Town/Wine Country In 90 Minutes
- All Religious Denominations Represented/Strong Traditional Family Values
- Organized Youth Sports/Dance/Gymnastics/Music/Scouts…
- Life Style Center/24 Hour Fitness/Equestrian Facilities
- Yosemite/Sequoia/ King’s Canyon National Parks For Hiking/Rock Climbing/Camping/Snow Activities
- Alpine Lakes/Creeks/Water Skiing/Fly Fishing/Kayaking/White Water Rafting
- 2.5 Hours-Los Angeles/3 Hours-San Francisco - 2 Hours Pacific Coast