Kempsville Center for Behavioral Health
Kempsville Center is a 82 bed Child and Adolescent Behavioral Health facility in Norfolk, VA.
Kempsville Center for Behavioral Health is a leading community partner providing acute, residential and partial hospitalization treatment for children and teens exhibiting behavioral and/or mental health concerns. Our programs are designed to treat your child or teen in a safe, secure, therapeutic environment.
- Our acute inpatient hospitalization program accepts male and female patients, ages 4 – 18.
- Residential treatment is for male and female patients, ages 11 – 17.
- Partial Hospitalization treatment is for male and females, ages 11-18.
Kempsville Center is:
- TRICARE®-certified The Joint Commission accredited
- Licensed by The Virginia Department of Behavioral Health and Developmental Services.
- Virginia Association of Independent Specialized Education Facilities (VAISEF) accredited.
To provide superior quality healthcare services that:
PATIENTS recommend to family and friends
PHYSICIANS prefer for their patients
PURCHASERS select for their clients
EMPLOYEES are proud of and
INVESTORS seek for long-term return.
Kempsville Center for Behavioral Health is dedicated to providing high quality care to children and adolescents, and their families.
Our guiding principles for the staff at Kempsville Center for Behavioral Health include:
- Service Excellence: Provide timely, professional, effective and efficient service to all customers.
- Continuous Improvement in Measurable Ways: Identify key needs and assess how well we meet those needs. Continuously improve services and measure progress.
- Employee Development: Hire talented and driven people. Increase skills through training and experience.
- Ethical and Fair Treatment of all.
Norfolk is located at the mouth of the Chesapeake Bay. It is a city of some 242,803 residents and more than 100 diverse neighborhoods. It is the cultural, educational, business and medical center of Hampton Roads, hosts the world's largest naval base, the region's international airport and is one of the busiest international ports on the East Coast of the United States.
The city is undergoing a successful renewal, including new office, retail, entertainment and hotel construction downtown, new residential development along the rivers and bay front, and revitalization projects in many of its neighborhoods. Norfolk has added thousands of new residents to its downtown – turning it into a vibrant, lively place to live, visit or work. A light rail route through the heart of downtown also recently opened.
Kempsville Center for Behavioral Health is owned and operated by a subsidiary of Universal Health Services (UHS) one of the nation’s largest and most respected hospital management companies. The website can be accessed at the main UHS website www.uhsinc.com by following links on the Behavioral Health Facilities list.