Keystone Health Center
OUR VISION - Elimination of all barriers to health care
OUR MISSION - Keystone Health improves the health and quality of life of the people and communities we serve.
We do this by:
- providing quality, compassionate primary medical, dental, behavioral and
social services to anyone, especially those who need it most;
- coordinating care with other providers to provide a full range of
services our patients need;
- promoting and supporting healthy lifestyles;
- collaborating with others to promote affordable access and breaking
down language and cultural barriers; and
- advocating for our patients and the medically underserved.
- Accessible care
- Affordable care
- Competent care
- Honoring cultural differences
- Communication to provide effective services
- Consideration of all needs in achieving a positive outcome
GUIDING PRINCIPLES TO FULLFILL OUR MISSION
- To maintain, protect and improve the public health of our communities through cost-effective
services to all persons within our service area without regard for their ability to pay
- To provide highly skilled and professional providers, nurses, and staff to ensure every patient
receives a quality health experience that is compassionate, sensitive, and respectful of the
needs of the individual and the family
- To identify resources and promote options that allow our centers to be accessible to those
seeking care and that consistently demonstrate quality and responsiveness
- To provide a welcoming, comfortable, and supportive environment where patients can easily
converse with staff, providers, and nurses, regardless of language preference in an
environment of trust
- To educate our patients by promoting healthy living while protecting against illness
- To work together as a compassionate and caring team, and with other area health care
providers, on behalf of all those seeking our services, providing quality health care services
HISTORY: Keystone Health is a public, not-for-profit organization that offers health care and, when needed, social services to underserved and vulnerable populations as well as the entire community population of approximately 150,000 in Franklin County, Pennsylvania. The center has been serving the community since 1986.
Keystone Health is designated by the federal government as a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) and as a Community Health Center. Because of these designations, Keystone receives federal grants and a prospective payment rate reimbursement from Medicare and Medicaid for providing services to those eligible patients and to poor and underserved populations.
The strength of the Keystone program is that all services are provided in a mission driven environment focusing on accessible, affordable, culturally appropriate, quality, and compassionate care offered to anyone and everyone regardless of ability to pay, ethnic background, or disease.
Keystone’s management, staff, and Board take pride in Keystone’s status as a leading force for change and improvement in healthcare in Franklin County and South-central Pennsylvania. Our goal is to continue on our historic path, building a community health system unequaled in service and quality. We recognize that only by working together with one strategic agenda can we preserve and triumph for our patients and community. It is through our crystal clear mission that we stand united as we prepare for the challenges ahead.
SERVICES: The services provided in the Federally Qualified Health Center—Keystone Health—include family medicine, internal medicine, dental care, gynecological and obstetrical care, pediatric care, human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) treatment and counseling, case management, alcohol/substance abuse treatment, behavioral health care, 24/7 crisis intervention, housing assistance, pharmacy, laboratory screening, outreach, translation, transportation, health education, Franklin County migrant farmworker program, Adams County migrant farmworker program, Berks County migrant farmworker program, and administration of all subcontracted migrant farmworker care.
BOARD OF DIRECTORS: Keystone Health is governed by a community-based volunteer Board of Directors with a broad range of skills and expertise. The Board’s purpose is to create a fiscally and managerially strong organization that will improve the health status of the communities served by Keystone Health. The Board exercises its authority through the Chief Executive Officer, who implements policies through the senior managers of the organization. The Board of Directors has established Keystone Health’s hours of operation. The hours of operation are a policy decision, and no one has the authority to change, interpret, or modify any policy except the Board of Directors. This policy decision means that no employee can alter the Center’s operating hours or alter his or her work schedule if the modification prevents Keystone Health from meeting a patient’s requirements for health care during our normally scheduled hours of operation.
Board members discuss management and personnel issues only with the Chief Executive Officer. Keystone Health employees who have management or personnel issues should address them in the appropriate manner with their supervisory chain, beginning with their immediate supervisor.
LOCATIONS: At present, Keystone Health operates numerous programs throughout Franklin County. Those programs and locations are:
- Keystone Dental Care, 767 5th Ave. Suite B-3a, Chambersburg, PA 17201.
- Keystone Behavioral Health, 110 Chambers Hill Drive, Chambersburg, PA 17201.
- Keystone Family Medicine, 820 Fifth Ave., Chambersburg, PA 17201.
- Keystone Audiology and Speech, 820 Fifth Ave., Chambersburg, PA 17201
- Keystone Pharmacy, 830 Fifth Ave., Suite 101, Chambersburg, PA 17201.
- Keystone Urgent Care, 830 Fifth Ave., Suite 102, Chambersburg, PA 17201
- Keystone Pediatrics, 830 Fifth Ave., Suite 103, Chambersburg, PA 17201.
- Keystone Internal Medicine, 830 Fifth Ave., Suite 201, Chambersburg, PA 17201.
- Keystone Infectious Disease (including HIV services), 830 Fifth Ave., Suite 201, Chambersburg, PA 17201
- Keystone Women’s Care, 830 Fifth Ave., Suite 202, Chambersburg, PA 17201.
- Keystone Community Outreach, 455 Lincoln Way East, Chambersburg, PA 17201
- Keystone Crisis, located at the Chambersburg Hospital at 112 N. Seventh Street, Chambersburg, PA 17201.
- Keystone Dental Care, 6156 Anthony Highway, Suite C, Waynesboro, PA 17268
- Keystone Pediatrics, 45 Roadside Ave., Waynesboro, PA 17268
- Keystone Pediatric Therapies, 3583 Scotland Road, Scotland, PA 17254
Keystone also manages the State Migrant and Seasonal Farmworker Program with Keystone offices in Gettysburg (Adams County) and in Reading (Berks County). Keystone also contracts with other health care programs or physicians in Erie, Luzerne, Wyoming, Lackawanna, Columbia, Chester, Lehigh and Northampton counties to provide services to farm workers.
Keystone Health Corporate Offices (Administration/Executive) are located at 22 St. Paul’s Drive, Suite 200, Chambersburg, PA 17201.