King's Daughters' Health
About King’s Daughters’ Hospital:
Mission and Values
The mission of King’s Daughters’ Health is to improve the health of our patients through care, service and education.
- King’s Daughters’ Health is a not-for-profit 83-bed general acute care community based hospital located in Madison, Indiana.
- KDH has proudly served the community of Madison, Indiana since 1899.
- We are privately owned and operated-not for profit 501C3
- Local Chapter of the National King’s Daughters’ & Son-not affiliated with any other KDH organization.
- Our owners are a group of about 65 women who are on the Bethany Circle.
- Our Board of Managers has 11 members-7 are Bethany Circle members/ 2 Physicians/2 Community Members.
- Have been successfully employing physicians in primary and specialties since 1996
- KDH employs 59 physicians/providers, located in 9 physician practices throughout 5 counties in Indiana and Kentucky.
- Specialty back up available at KDH:
ENT, FP ,IM ,GI ,Pulm ,General Surgery,Neurology, Anesthesia, Radiology,Urology, OB/GYN, Ortho, Peds, Rehab PT, OT,ST
Medical Oncology,Radiation Oncology,Pathology,Cardiology,Nephrology,Eyes,Home Health & Hospice,Nocturnist,Coumadin Clinic,Sleep Center,
Diabetes Educator,Wound Care nurse, & Pikeville 3rd year student teaching site since 2013
(No hearts, No neurosurgery, No spine)
- Very Collegial medical staff.
- KDH has new state of the art 83 bed hospital, 6 Open IUC, Medical office building and Cancer Center (since 1988-7 infusions bays/2 rooms.
- We have 5 ORs and one cysto room- run 4 every day and hold one for OB.
- About 20,000 ED visits yearly
- Bread and Butter Cases
- Epidurals-some regional blocks
- Major trauma is sent out.
- KDH Provides care for patients from birth to Hospice.
- KDH is the largest employer in the community.
- KDH is certified by the HFAP.
- Access to patients’ health records, imaging and laboratory results are available at all KDH facilities as well as providers’ offices, homes and Mobile Heartbeat devises.
- Enjoy the benefits of having an established patient base from day one.
- Tort reform state – Practice in one of the most physician friendly states in the country.
- Areas healthcare provider of choice
- EMR = Meditech
- Paid Bi-weekly
- 24 hour pharmacy and Radiology support/ Lab and X-Ray services on site.
About the Community:
- Located on the banks of the Ohio River in the historic and picturesque community of Madison, Indiana, the area provides an excellent living environment with affordable housing and land options, top-rated private and public schools, many churches and cultural facilities, friendly /safe communities, and a variety of options for the outdoor enthusiast, (Parks, Lakes, golfing, biking, hiking, fishing, boating, swimming pools, tennis courts, etc.)
- Our catchment area for both Primary and secondary markets is about 65,000
Population-City= 18,000 County= 35,000
- Extremely warm, welcoming community that truly appreciates its physicians and the care that they provide
- This community offers safe neighborhoods, beautiful parks and recreation areas and ample housing opportunities.
- Access to several golf courses, lakes, rivers and parks.
- Terrific schooling options – both private and public.
- Madison is close to major metropolitan attractions in Louisville, Kentucky (1 hour drive), Indianapolis, Indiana (2 hour drive) and Cincinnati, Ohio (90 min. drive).
- Access to three major airports. (Louisville, Indianapolis & Cincinnati)