Landmann-Jungman Memorial Hospital Avera
Community of Scotland, SD
Scotland is a small town in Southeastern, South Dakota. We have a great location, as you get small town living with easy access to larger towns close by, including Sioux Falls and Yankton. Our town has a lot of very unique features that we are very proud of. Here are some of the great features of our town:
- An outstanding school system that is currently adding a new axillary gymnasium and extra space.
- A community ran Youth Center that is an afterschool program for kids in grades K-6. This center is only $1.50 per day per child with no child turned away. It is truly a wonderful place.
- Lake Henry, which is 1 mile from town. This is used for fishing in the summertime (boat and shore access), ice fishing, walking, and taking dogs for runs.
- The Missouri River is only 30 miles away for water and outdoor recreation
- Pheasant and deer hunting opportunities
- Sports leagues and opportunities for people of all ages: golf course, baseball, softball, trap shooting, rodeo, bowling league, public access walking track, etc
- Many different community events throughout the year, including a Christmas light parade, Pentathlon, Rodeo Days, community suppers/dinners, and multiple community groups in town sponsoring a wide variety of events all year long.
- Multiple different churches
- Retail businesses including grocery store, clothing store, hardware store, restaurant/bar, and many others