Locum Tenens - Southern Illinois
A not-for-profit health care system, dedicated to promoting the health and well being of all of the people in the communities we serve. Our mission is guided by our values: compassion, collaboration, quality, stewardship, integrity, accountability and respect.
Over 3,000 employees, along with physicians and volunteers, work together to achieve our mission and ensure that the health care needs of those we serve are met. We make this a reality by treating patients in our facilities, offering services in rural clinics, collaborating with some of America’s best hospitals and improving our communities through our charitable community benefits programs.
Regarded as the flagship hospital of the health system and regional referral center for the 16 county southern Illinois region. This facility paves the way to bring big city medicine home. Physicians in nearly 40 different specialties practice here, bringing expertise and new procedures, but successfully tailoring them to the particular needs of a rural setting.
- 140-bed tertiary care hospital
- Southern Illinois’ largest and most spacious birthing center with Level II Plus Special Care Nursery
- Only dedicated pediatric unit in the region
- The core hospital for SIH’s comprehensive, regional heart program, Prairie Heart Institute.
- High level surgical capabilities including daVinci technology
- Affiliated with SIU School of Medicine through its Family Practice Residency Program
- Neuroscience program including neurosurgery and the region’s only Primary Stroke Center
- Accredited by the Commission on Cancer for comprehensive cancer treatment