For free help with your job search, call (800) 776-8383
Madison Community Hospital
· Independent not-for-profit critical access hospital.
· 7 physicians on active staff, including family medicine, internal medicine and general surgery
· Service area of nearly 18,000 people
· State-of-the-art technologies
· Construction in progress on a new $37-million, 105,000 square foot hospital and clinic.
· Certified as a Community Trauma Facility
· Certified by the American College of Radiology for Mammography
· Laboratory is CLIA certified
· Annual Statistics: 2800 Inpatient Days, 2500 ER Visits; 30,000 Outpatient Visits; physicians average approximately 2500 visits per year.
Community and Recreation
Madison is a progressive, family friendly community of 6600 with a county population of 11,000. The city is nestled between two lakes, Lake Madison and Lake Herman with state parks and two golf courses. Located 50 miles northwest of Sioux Falls, Madison possesses small town hospitality ,offering many recreational activities and a prosperous manufacturing center.
· Madison is proud of the excellent K-12 public and private schools, along with nationally recognized Dakota State University and Karl Mundt Library on campus.
· The city offers an outdoor aquatic center; a Community Center with an indoor pool and a variety of recreation facilities, bike and hiking trails connecting the city to the lake, plus great hunting and fishing in Lake County.
· Dakota Prairie Playhouse and Conference Center, Smith-Zimmermann museum, and the John Green art studio add to the cultural life of the community.
· Prairie Village has over 40 restored buildings, agricultural displays and an operating steam-driven railroad located on the west edge of Madison.
· Madison has a thriving business climate with downtown shopping and current new construction and remodeling projects throughout the city including Madison High School, Inter-lakes Community Action, Community Counseling, Global Polymer and Bethel Lutheran Home among others.